Full Health Screening..

Status
Not open for further replies.

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
Anybody know where provide good full health screening & cost?
Or visit GP will do..
Thanks.

Anybody know where provide good full health screening & cost?
Or visit GP will do..
Thanks.
Almost all the government hospitals and private hospitals will have.

GP also a lot have. Difference is cost. And convenience.

It looks ok to me.

If I were you, I'd just go to the one that's most convenient to me.

I feel these screenings are quite helpful but are usually quite general.

So unless you have a specific health concern you want to have checked out, I think doing these screenings once a year is quite good.

It looks ok to me.

If I were you, I'd just go to the one that's most convenient to me.

I feel these screenings are quite helpful but are usually quite general.

So unless you have a specific health concern you want to have checked out, I think doing these screenings once a year is quite good.

No specific health concern now..
Just that getting old & never got chance to do the Army FFI as I finished my cycles
before age of 35..
Wandering what FFI consist of..:dunno:

Anyway, anybody know 'Treadmill Stress Test' check what?

Just that getting old & never got chance to do the Army FFI as I finished my cycles
before age of 35..

haiz... this august only my 2nd ICT...

think i will hit the FFI... :(

before age of 35..

It tests for borderline heart-attacks.

Your ECG when lying down (relaxed) may be normal. This means that "borderline" heart-attacks will not show up on that test.

However, if you "stress" the heart by running while hooked on the ECG, a "borderline" heart-attack will probably become visible on the ECG. Thus the name Threadmill Stress Test.

However, if you "stress" the heart by running while hooked on the ECG, a "borderline" heart-attack will probably become visible on the ECG. Thus the name Threadmill Stress Test.

Not just that, other irregularities in your heartbeat will also become more apparent when you do this test. =)

It tests for borderline heart-attacks.

Your ECG when lying down (relaxed) may be normal. This means that "borderline" heart-attacks will not show up on that test.

Not just that, other irregularities in your heartbeat will also become more apparent when you do this test. =)

Sound goods..
Had checked with a GP and was told cost around $900..:bigeyes: for the test..
But paid only around $30 after using Medisave..:D
Some info I gotten is that it is a half hr stress test with doctor monitoring.. just in case..;p

Sound goods..
Had checked with a GP and was told cost around $900..:bigeyes: for the test..
But paid only around $30 after using Medisave..:D
Some info I gotten is that it is a half hr stress test with doctor monitoring.. just in case..;p

Stress test is usually a little more than 10 minutes.

The threadmill is slowly ramped up to make you sweat as you go thru the "Bruce Protocol".

The stress test costs approximately $150, give or take. Yes, there is a doctor on stand-by....just in case.

If it's $900, there should be lots of other tests thrown in besides the stress test.

I think it is good to find out more about health screening before embarking on this exercise.

Here is one link with a pdf file you can read to understand more. There are different risks for different age groups and different genders as well.

http://www.moh.gov.sg/cmaweb/attachments/publication/Health_Screening.pdf

Hope that this is useful. After understanding more of it, you can check out a few packages from various private or restructured hospitals and compare the prices. The prices may vary because of what they include in the packages. Some may not really be necessary at this stage of your life. It really does not mean more is better or more expensive even better.

Something to note: Some hospitals do give a discount during father's day or mother's day - to the guys and gals respectively, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.