full frame

I have to disagree here, FF bodies like the 5DM2 and D3X have even greater pixel density than most "crop" bodies out there which will be a even greater test of the "resolving power" of lenses, especially when edge resolution is taken into account.

:nono: nth beats pixel density in crop sensor bodies.. FF have to stand one corner.. :bsmilie:

I wouldn't get a FF lens for future use if I were still on a crop body. No point compromising for the time being and upgrading to FF with the same lens only to find that you don't like how the lens works for you on a FF compared to a crop.

wat the down side of using a full frame lens on a non full frame body?

Downsides:

1. Heavy as hell
2. Expensive
3. Zoom ranges optimized for FF may not be suitable for crop, e.g,. 28-70, 24-70. These are meant to be general zoom from wide to acceptable tele for FF. For cropped,. 28 and 24 is not that wide, and neither here nor there.
4. For UWA on cropped, there is simply no FF lens available for that sort of range.

You are right - my math failed me, should have relied on actual pixel density numbers instead.

This is the main reason why FF produce picture with less noise than crop (on top of NR). Else FF will just make LARGE noisy picture. :bsmilie:

:nono: nth beats pixel density in crop sensor bodies.. FF have to stand one corner.. :bsmilie:

The sensor in camera phone can beat that. ;)

I'm starting to acquire FF lens as I plann to upgrade to FF body once enough people donate to my "Buy-a-FF" fund. :D

As lens built for the non-FF lens cannot be mounted on the FF body, that's the main reason for my switch to getting FF lenses.

The downside, like so many have mentioned, is the cropped factor, which ironically is due to the body, not the lens. lol

all very steam 4 me but i like 2 know.... if i set both lenses at same mm when take pic. will the pic lesser(4 side Corners gone) when use ff lense on non ff body