FULL-FRAME NIKON DSLR: "D3" Specs and Pics!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itisnottheendorg

Mar 16, 2005
..well, before i get flamed or anything, this is supposedly an artist impression la.

CHECK IT OUT!

http://big5.pconline.com.cn/b5/www.pconline.com.cn/digital/dc/news/prod/0510/710249.html

For those who are less well-versed in Chinese:

The specification of the new Nikon D3 camera is mentioned as follows:

- Full framed 22 megapixel CMOS sensor
- Magnesium Alloy body
- 8.5 fps, 50JPEG (fine) or 40 NEF
- 2.8 inch LCD screen with 250,000 pixel
- CAM 2000 11 point Autofocus
- No internal flash
- MF lens data input - (can use MF lens with all modes)
- Battery level shown in %
- ISO 50,100,800,1200,1600,1800,3200
- Shutter speed 30s - 1/18000s + B
- Compact Flash and SD storage
- build-in WT-3 Wireless Transmitter, with optional Antenna to improve transmission
- 2150mAH Lithium battery or 6 x NiMH in Grip
- weight: 1250g
- Dimension 180 x 175 x 95 (mm)
- Announce at the end of 2005

***Precisely i didnt put this in the manufacturer subforums ..as this is again supposedly still Kopitiam (aka Coffeeshop) Talk

:lovegrin: sweet! what a cute cam

again before i kanna banned, blown away, or gunned down either by Forumers, Admin, Moderators, Brand Label..remember! this is again supposedly still Kopitiam (aka Coffeeshop) Talk..

then again precisely it is still hearsay and hotair, so discuss at will!!!

this was a news soooo long ago... confirm a fake man........ :bsmilie: :bsmilie: i wun even buy a camera like this. looks like pillow to me..

Quite an odd shape..... :think: :think:

says at the bottom that it'll be launched in end 2005... well... we are in 2006 ain't we? 1 more point to doubt the website...

Any more pics of it at different angle... ??? :cool:

Since when Nikon make their camera ISO jump from 100 to 800?!? Where is 200 and 400 then? they're almost the most common most of us use..

hur hurs.. maybe the technology has come to a point where the LBcast has been developed where the grains are as fine as slides...

lols... i must be dreaming to get ISO 50 on a DSLR... and imagine getting colours like velvia and provia in ur cams.... jus by loading curves into the dslr.. :bsmilie:

wa lau early morning see this post nearly die of heart attack...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

some more interesting read ("read" ok):...

1. Quote from
http://jancology.com/blog/archives/2005/03/13/the_next_nikon_d3.html

Nikon engineers have confirmed — in an interview with Asahi camera magazine — that Full Frame is on the drawing board. They will bring it out when the timing is right. The reason seems to be that this is on demand of the customers and not because the end of the DX line of sensors. As shown in some reviews of the D2x, the DX sensor uses the “sweet spot” of todays lens line up and it is questionable if full frame will really improve images. It might end up in people having to invest heavily in pro glass (which shoul dnot be a problem if you can spend $8000 on a camera)! One area in which full frame will show improved images is that of absolute pixel size (read: ‘noise’) and usage of wide angle lenses.

2. Quote from
http://www.honda-e.com/Photography/P2-DigitalPhotography.htm

Nikon D3 / Nikon S1

There are many sites in the web making interesting predictions about new digital cameras. Some sites I saw predict Nikon D3 to be a full-frame 35mm digital SLR camera. Here is my two cents. As I wrote somewhere in my Soap Box, Nikon DSLR will eventually go full-frame. Canon has EOS 1D series and there are other brands using a full-frame 35mm format. Nikon's decision to use a 2/3 format for their new, top of the line DSLR camera, D2x, is probably based on their careful analysis (both technical and marketing) that they can still compete well with a full-frame 35mm format at the current sensor pixel count, which is around 12M (Nikon D2x) and 16M (Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II). As the market push continues to increase the sensor resolution beyond 20M pixels, however, the disadvantage of a smaller sensor size becomes more difficult to overcome. Nikon has to move to the full-frame 35mm DSLR market, and, doing so is fairly easy. All Nikon has to do is to produce a "camera"; all the 35mm lens lines are available - they have been for many years. That having been said, my two cents is merely a naming of the new camera.

Whether it was intended from the very beginning or not, the fact of the matter is that the 2/3 format market has been established. (I am just using the term "2/3 format" to mean Nikon's 23.7 x 15.7mm and Canon's 22.5 x 15mm and so on.) I think the 2/3 format started out as just a stop-gap measure because of the huge cost of the large sensor in the past, but regardless, it now has a life of its own. There is no reason for Nikon, or any other manufacturers, to abandon this new 2/3 format line. They should continue to foster this market. So coming back to Nikon D3 naming. I do not think Nikon will remove the 2/3 format from the professional lineup. That is, my prediction is D3 will be another generation of a professional 2/3 DSLR. Nikon will simply have to pick another letter from the alphabet soup, say, "S", for their new full-frame 35mm DSLR, so as not to disturb the 2/3 digital line. Nikon is more conservative and more careful in their product planning than Canon (just my opinion). Nikon has maintained their lens mount unchanged from the days of Nikon F. Nikon seems to be keeping the tradition of careful thinking in their sensor size decision. When Nikon introduces a new full-format 35mm DSLR camera, it will be a monumental event. The Nikon S1 will be a 25M pixel full-frame 35mm DSLR camera, but don't hold your breath. Nikon will take their time before bringing this to the market. Nikon realizes very clearly that the sensor pixel count is just a small part of the overall equation in the professional arena that they serve. This is shown in their latest introduction of Nikon D2Hs. The D2Hs sports 8 frames per second firing, though the sensor is limited to 4.1 mega pixel. When Nikon introduces S1, it will shoot just as fast at a 25 mega pixel sensor.

nikonD5.JPG

The image is so cute, i think my wife would love it. :lovegrin:

Very tempting ...... but with my small hand, i think i still prefer a slimmer body....:bheart:

I guess if this is a prank, the designer for D3 deserves some points man... its a pretty cute camera..

Status
Not open for further replies.