Full body checkup - where to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
For me, a guy. Where can you recommend? I heard there're several packages you can choose from? Usually how long is it gonna take? I'm planning to do this either once in a year or 2.

For me, a guy. Where can you recommend? I heard there're several packages you can choose from? Usually how long is it gonna take? I'm planning to do this either once in a year or 2.

Raffles hospital.

There are several NTUC clinics and there are three main check ups. The most complete includes 3 cancer tests, I think it was around SGD 178 for non-NTUC members. slightly cheaper for members.....

Hong Sien

A friend of mine from Indonesia (JKT) had arranged a check up as well at Mount Elizabeth, and they charged him SGD 1500! And I don't think the doctor appnt's were included, but that would have been a relatively smaller sum. I believe this test would have been a very similar one as the one NTUC is doing.......but you still need to see a doctor to get a proper diagnose with those results.

In the end my friend did the test at NTUC.

Good Luck!

Hong Sien

you can go directly to pathlab at genting lane if you want comprehensive blood tests done cheap. various packages available. save on the markups that the hospitals charge.

u can go to SATA
i think is less than $300 quite ex for a private but then the waiting time can be really fast

Seriously, just go to a polyclinic, it is so cheap. My last test only cost S$26.40.

ya...i tink either a poly clinic or ya GP referral would be better ya...

you can go directly to pathlab at genting lane if you want comprehensive blood tests done cheap. various packages available. save on the markups that the hospitals charge.

Yep, Pathlab.
They are one of the main lab where even clinic sends in blood/stools for test.

Seriously, just go to a polyclinic, it is so cheap. My last test only cost S$26.40.
$26.40? Is it the same very basic check like those given free by NKF... :think:

For a proper checkup it is easily above $100++ even in polyclinic.

Well, what I did was :

1. Thalassemia
2. Venous Plasma Glocuse
3. Lipid Profile
3. Alanine amino
4. aspartate amino
5. K+ NA+ CL
6. Urea
7. Creatinie

This was based on a GP's recommendation. If you wanna do more, I suppose you pay more.

Yep, Pathlab.
They are one of the main lab where even clinic sends in blood/stools for test.

$26.40? Is it the same very basic check like those given free by NKF... :think:

For a proper checkup it is easily above $100++ even in polyclinic.

What is your requirement ?

Seriously, I don't know.

I'm 24 this year, and I want to know the condition of my body to avoid whatever diet they advice me, etc... to prepare for my life ahead.

Just basing on the info you gave (24yr, wanting to know the condition of your body) is not enough. The doctor will need to know your family history (anyone with high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer etc) and your social history (smoker, dorinker, work stress, exercise etc)

Suggest you go to a doctor (GP, polyclinic, dr friend) you trust to recommend the tests needed based on more info. For a first-time check, minimum I would say:
1. Height and weight (KIV percent body fat)
2. cholesterol
3. blood sugar
4. full urine examination (not just the test strip)
5. hepatitis B status

Cholesterol and blood sugar level should be done fasting and at the lab. Do not go for the NKF type.

I cannot recommend any specific place or package here due to conflict of interest. :nono:

Vince123123, I am intrigued why you were recommended the package you described, assuming you understood and remembered correctly the tests you did. If you do not mind, pls PM me as I would love to know why.

Those were the scientific names stated on the receipt, maybe I got them wrong because I'm not a doctor. - but from what I remember, the test included the components (1), (2), (3) in your list below. I omitted (5) as it is not necessary.

Just basing on the info you gave (24yr, wanting to know the condition of your body) is not enough. The doctor will need to know your family history (anyone with high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer etc) and your social history (smoker, dorinker, work stress, exercise etc)

Suggest you go to a doctor (GP, polyclinic, dr friend) you trust to recommend the tests needed based on more info. For a first-time check, minimum I would say:
2. cholesterol
3. blood sugar
5. hepatitis B status

Cholesterol and blood sugar level should be done fasting and at the lab. Do not go for the NKF type.

I cannot recommend any specific place or package here due to conflict of interest. :nono:

Vince123123, I am intrigued why you were recommended the package you described, assuming you understood and remembered correctly the tests you did. If you do not mind, pls PM me as I would love to know why.

i recommend tan tock seng hospital.

Try Ong's Clinic at Burlington Square, Bencoolen Street.

2. cholesterol
3. blood sugar
5. hepatitis B status
In additions to 1-5 above, I think should also include the Xray for chest(eg SARS), blood test(eg HIV), treadmill for heartbeat and pulse(eg potential heart attack), urine and faeces exam (not sure what but some illness can be detected only from urine and faeces, and maybe somemore.
And then different doctors would translate the test results differently, some read very positively and some read very negatively...

Status
Not open for further replies.