FUJINON LENS XF56mmF1.2 R - Post your thoughts !

alfie

Aug 13, 2004
Was at IT show earlier. Fuji booth was selling the 56mm f/1.2, got to try it out with the X-T1. Sharp images, pretty bokehs, but didnt get to try it much. (Booth no babes) Focus speed was not as snappy as I hoped for a 2014 lens. Minimum distance is around 1m. (Spec says 0.7m, but its pretty iffy at that distance)

Booth flyers say its $1499 but there was on the spot rebate so its $1399.

Fuji x series stilll cant match others. High price tag and poor af. Maybe the prediction is right. Fuji will not survive within the next 5 years.

you seem to have a pattern of commenting on some of the recent threads that are toeing the line on bashing the brand. are you trolling?

nothing wrong with speaking it like it is but you're not being very constructive either.

you seem to have a pattern of commenting on some of the recent threads that are toeing the line on bashing the brand. are you trolling? nothing wrong with speaking it like it is but you're not being very constructive either.

Looking at the one picture they post you will know what level they are at. Don't have to take their word seriously,

you seem to have a pattern of commenting on some of the recent threads that are toeing the line on bashing the brand. are you trolling?

nothing wrong with speaking it like it is but you're not being very constructive either.

he deleted his comment? lol funny how people that bash the brand have nothing to show for.

He is feeling the heat. That's why he resort to such tactics.

No i reported to moderator. Thanks to moderator.

there is nothing wrong with saying the lens did not meet expectation or was slow or was poorly constructed etc.. but i think when it starts to become brand-bashing, its no longer helpful to anyone in the forum. i'm glad the higher powers have a good sense of what's going on.

ive been waiting for this lens so i went to test it at the booth. I echoe the above sentiment that it wasnt äs snappy as expected. Perhaps all the reviews had me think it would be much faster than expected. I am not sure if it was a pre production lens and am waiting to try it on a non pre production lens before making the decision.
They do allow you to try it on your own SD card and body. Im apprehensive about the lens because while light gathering remains at F1.2, DOF is ~F1.8 and the price of this versus a small canon F1.8 is.. @@ ? Not sure about the sense there..but i guess the tradeoff will be in body size....

no hurry to buy, prices will drop once fuji launches new lenses

There is one brand with very high price and NO AF. LOL.
For FUJI 56mm f1.2, it is super lens once u have mastered it. The aperture f1.2 is the measure of value in IMOH:) Are u willing to pay that price for f1.2? If not can consider the cheaper 60mm f2.4X.

Last edited:
There is one brand with very high price and NO AF. LOL.
For FUJI 56mm f1.2, it is super lens once u have mastered it. The aperture f1.2 is the measure of value in IMOH:) Are u willing to pay that price for f1.2? If not can consider the cheaper 60mm f2.4X.

honestly, i was considering the 60mm f/2.4 for the fact that its macro ! (i'm a lego nut and tend to bring my minifigs around when i travel, and the 56mm f/1.2 has a very long min focus distance)

something to add bout the 56mm f/1.2.. i love the aperature dial.. its firm, and you can feel the bumps of each turn, but no noisy clicks..

honestly, i was considering the 60mm f/2.4 for the fact that its macro ! (i'm a lego nut and tend to bring my minifigs around when i travel, and the 56mm f/1.2 has a very long min focus distance)

something to add bout the 56mm f/1.2.. i love the aperature dial.. its firm, and you can feel the bumps of each turn, but no noisy clicks..

Then you should wait for the Touit 50mm macro.

alright people... please refrain from brand-bashing. if you don't like whatever product, just move on. there is no need to escalate the bashing.

my 2 rupees... from my own playing ard with the pre-production of the 56mm... IMO, you don't buy it (or for that matter, any 85mm equivalent lens on 35mm format) for AF speed. i used a lot of 85mm lenses from canikons over the years, and they are never designed to be speed-demons even on canikons' pro bodies. not to say you cannot shoot other things with this lens, but i buy this kind of lens with this kind of aperture for one and only one thing - portraits. on this, the 56mm on the X-system (so far) is par excellence IMO.

and i can't wait for this to hit the shelves en-masse.... ;p

Was at IT show earlier. Fuji booth was selling the 56mm f/1.2, got to try it out with the X-T1. Sharp images, pretty bokehs, but didnt get to try it much. (Booth no babes) Focus speed was not as snappy as I hoped for a 2014 lens. Minimum distance is around 1m. (Spec says 0.7m, but its pretty iffy at that distance)

Booth flyers say its $1499 but there was on the spot rebate so its $1399.

I've checked the DOF calculater. The DOF at f1.2 shot at 0.7m is 0.68cm. Yes, it is less than 1 cm. I think if you need to shoot your subject at 70 cm distance, the 35mm/f1.4 or 23mm/1.4 might be more suitable.

hi hi, how much u guys bought your 56mm f1.2?