Fujifilm X100S

I've heard about using NR -1 to prevent 'smudging' tendencies from in-camera noise reduction.

ISO 12800 is as good as ISO 3200 on 5Dmk2 is a bit of a stretch I think, but tech is constantly moving on... pics please!

you're right abt NR -1. Shadow tone -1 is also because the blacks are too black!

as for ISO, its just my impression becos the highest ISO which i can tolerate for my 5Dmk2 is 3200. while for X100s is 12800 after just a few casual shots. The best is still pictures to compare. I'll try to find time to compare the X100s, X-Pro1 and 5Dmk2. whatever the result, the X100s is definately a winner, besides pixel peeping.

Finally after 2 months I got my hands on it. I love this cam to death.

img0102n.png

i find that even with the new PDAF-CDAF the X100s still struggles to focus in low light, low contrast scenes, not really up to par with Fuji's claim of having one of the world's fastest AF. in fact both the X-Pro1 and Sony RX100 focus much faster.

other than that the X100s is a real gem of a camera.

i find that even with the new PDAF-CDAF the X100s still struggles to focus in low light, low contrast scenes, not really up to par with Fuji's claim of having one of the world's fastest AF. in fact both the X-Pro1 and Sony RX100 focus much faster.

other than that the X100s is a real gem of a camera.

What has low light focusing to do with fast focusing? Nothing?

Anybody know if x100s is available at any shop on market and its price?

aogiliu said:
Anybody know if x100s is available at any shop on market and its price?

TK Facebook added photo so reckon they hv stock already

why did you suddenly bring D600 into the equation?
Well, I can pick another camera if you prefer that. Let me rephrase, does that mean the EOS 1000D has no AF at all? I guess you simply didn't get it.

Both D600 & 1000D are innocent.... :p

I don't get it either.
He said: "Not really up to par with Fuji's claim of having one of the world's fastest AF" and "focus hunting in low light, therefore slower af." By that logic manufacturers would need to claim their cameras had no AF at all just because they fail at -4EV constantly.
The X100S has a fast AF, it isn't slow just because it only goes down to 0EV. It simply means it's not designed to focus below 0EV.

thank god i wasn't alone..

hahaha

confirm + chop. because i dun get it too.

driving in clear weather, you can drive at will.
in poor visibility condition, you slow down.
BUT when you slow down, = no driver in the car?

Steve Huff posted this on his facebook

Just going over some X100s files I shot this weekend. Not only is the camera blazing fast and an all new speed demon over the old X100, and not only is the high ISO capability superb..but the IQ and color are all there ....

It will take him another 10 days or so to post his review.

Hey X100s users, just to clarify, is it normal for the whole camera to feel the vibration of motor when focusing under low light? E.g. when standing and focusing on your shoes?

Hey X100s users, just to clarify, is it normal for the whole camera to feel the vibration of motor when focusing under low light? E.g. when standing and focusing on your shoes?
I never shoot my shoes but I haven't noticed vibrations like that when focusing.