Fujifilm x10 or DSLR 1st descent camera

Terence Ho

Jan 4, 2012
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi guys, I would like your advise between Fujifilm x10 or DSLR. I interested in streets photography, I'm now confuse which one to go for. Fujifilm x10 cost round $800 and for DSLR around $1k, this will be my 1st descent camera. I looking for Retro feel camera that's provide good picture quailty. My budget is $800-$1.1k, u can also recommend other type of camera I'm OK with it.

I would like to hear everybody thought! Thanks:D

If you don't mind 35mm f/2 prime may I suggest the Fuji X100?

Some people find it obtrusive to shoot streets with a DSLR, not sure about you though.

If you don't mind 35mm f/2 prime may I suggest the Fuji X100?

Some people find it obtrusive to shoot streets with a DSLR, not sure about you though.

I find it disadvantage without the zoom, but it's bigger sensor. If things can bring over x100 it would be a perfect camera!

Hi guys, I would like your advise between Fujifilm x10 or DSLR. I interested in streets photography, I'm now confuse which one to go for. Fujifilm x10 cost round $800 and for DSLR around $1k, this will be my 1st descent camera. I looking for Retro feel camera that's provide good picture quailty. My budget is $800-$1.1k, u can also recommend other type of camera I'm OK with it.

I would like to hear everybody thought! Thanks:D

A "Descent" camera? Are you using the camera to go underground or skydiving? In that case I suggest you get the GoPro Hero HD.

I find it disadvantage without the zoom, but it's bigger sensor. If things can bring over x100 it would be a perfect camera!

If you want zoom and a bigger sensor, the Canon G1x sounds like the one you are looking for.

So strange.... I swore I typed a reply on a thread with this topic on Sat morning, but then it vanished....

So strange.... I swore I typed a reply on a thread with this topic on Sat morning, but then it vanished....

[video=youtube;YBusptmJq4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBusptmJq4Q[/video]

Last edited:
U might want to look at the olympus om-d too if you want the retro look

I'd recommend u to get a smaller camera instead of a dSLR if you will only be shooting on the street

You might want to look at a m4/3 camera too.
IMO, its a better option for the same price.
Most of them are abt the size of a x10 too.