Fujifilm x-t20 off camera flash help

max88

Mar 15, 2019
Hello i need some advise here as i’m thinking to get an external flash for my xt20. Godox V860iif is in my head now, but wondering if it compatible to my xt20? can’t find any information on google or youtube. as my understanding xt20 shutter speed will cap at 1/180 with flash on, what feature/function from the flash would i lose if i own godox V860iif such a high speed flash? or any other flash that you might think more suitable to my xt20? hope to hear from you guy soon. thanks in advance !

You don't lose anything with V860iiF as it's designed for Fuji X system camera.The official sync speed is 1/180 sec. But when set to TTL it can go above sync speed but do know you lose power by 2 or more stops.If high speed is not necessary better use a ND filter instead.

Thank you One eye jack for your advise! Can anyone advise if i could use godox V680iiF as off camera flash without use of any trigger with my xt20? or not possible ?

@max88 : I don't think you will lose something, but you gain a lot of nice functions. Here a link from Godox showing the capabilities:
http://www.godox.com/EN/Products_Camera_Flash_V860IIF.html
The X-T20 is listed as A type, no restrictions on the flash capabilities.
The maximum sync speed of 1/180 is nothing to worry for most hobby / enthusiast users.

For off-camera flash get the Godox trigger and you can add more flashes or even Godox strobes. Do read up a bit about the different types of light and the triggers.
Edit: just noticed this headline:
https://www.clubsnap.com/threads/go...igger-with-bluetooth-and-a-better-ui.1762861/

But when set to TTL it can go above sync speed but do know you lose power by 2 or more stops.
Please share with us how you want to achieve this. Really curious.

Thank you so much bro octarine for the explanation and fruitful information;) i’m ready to pull the trigger now haha...
i learn every time i raise my doubt here :p i like clubsnap:cool:

Godox V860II has optical slave mode, you can use the X-T20 built in flash as commander to trigger, however on in manual, no TTL in optical slave.

Good to hear that! Maybe can try to use optical slave mode on V860iif to try out 1st before to get a transmitter. save some bucks hehe..
Thank you polar28 for the advise:)