Fujifilm F601 $1099 with 128SM true 6 megapixel??

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fcpga

at such low price, I don't think its a true 6 megapixel right??

interpolated

what!! just like what we can easily do in Photoshop?

then they shouldn't be advertising it as 6 megapixel and name it F601 giving the impression its 6 megapixel

complaint to CASE :)

Oh hmm, maybe you can read past dc reviews on fuji 6800, 6900 cams to get an idea of their interpolation technology.

you mean they have better interpolation technology, I thought the most common, bicubical

btw, Cathay Photo quoted $930 (GST excluded) for the camera with 128MB SM. Think it's a very good price for such a camera.

looks like a good buy, but from the specs, ISO200 seem to be the lowest, and max onli 3secs shutter speed,

can any confirm

There's ISO 160. Anyway, because of the design, relatively noise-free images are produced even for ISO 400 (this is from my experience with the first in the series, 4700Z).

It's interesting that the older 6800 is still priced higher than the F601Z ;p

I read somewhere that their lowest ISO is still noiser than others...so I didn't get it.

Otherwise, their diamaond shape CCD + software processing is a very good step btw convectional 1 colour/pixel CCDs and the feveron X3. :D

It has manual controls!! Woohoo! :gbounce:

how does it compare to S30?? both having abt similiar price range, with manual controls, except that F601z onli got max3secs shutter speed

Well, I was shopping with my fren in Sim Lim and couldn't resist the temptation to buy it. For some reasons, fuji's site says that it can only take 27s of 640x320 movies but i took a 1 min clip of my rabbit running ard and it still looks as if it can go on to abt 200+ sec. However the avi is huge though at 36 mb.

got a quote from AP selling @ 900 dollars

Originally posted by xdivider
Well, I was shopping with my fren in Sim Lim and couldn't resist the temptation to buy it. For some reasons, fuji's site says that it can only take 27s of 640x320 movies but i took a 1 min clip of my rabbit running ard and it still looks as if it can go on to abt 200+ sec. However the avi is huge though at 36 mb.

That's great!

Think only this guy, and the sanyo series can do 640x480 unlimited movies currently, almost as good as having a DV. Anywhere to put the photos online? I had a hard time chasing my rabbit around and want to show him off to my friends. :D

AP is really selling cheap $900 with GST and 128SM

saw a guy who brought it at the exhib, $1099, wonder he never knew of a place called SLS?

those tripod and bag are definately not worth $199

xdivider, took some pics at ISO 800 and ISO 1600 and show us!!!!

fcpga, we should thank the guy for contributing more to the economy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.