Fujifilm F11 vs Canon A700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirax

Jun 13, 2005
Seem like Canon are playing a catch-up with Fuji now.
Wonder which one are better. Hard to decide!

Fujifilm F11
ISO1600
3x optical
made in Japan (inital batch)
slightly natural color
$600 with 1GB

Canon A700
ISO800
6x optical
made in Japan (inital batch)
slightly saturated color
$520 with 512MB

Spirax said:
Seem like Canon are playing a catch-up with Fuji now.
Wonder which one are better. Hard to decide!

Fujifilm F11
ISO1600
3x optical
min shutter up 3 sec
more natural color

Canon A700
ISO800
6x optical
min shutter up 15 sec
slightly saturated color

My opiinon. A700 is pretty good for someone wanting to play aroud with manual control,unless you are looking for a slim compact or else this model is good value for money, and the 6X zoom? will definitely come in useful

I think the A700 optional wide-angle adapter allow 24mm, and a optional tele converter allow zoom to become 10x.

Wide Converter (WC-DC58N) which applies a 0.7X to all focal lengths, producing a wide angle of 24.5 mm.
Tele-converter (TC-DC58N) which multiplies the focal length by 1.75, yielding a maximum telephoto of equivalent to a 367.5 mm.

It really depends on your needs. If you would prefer a smaller camera that's easier to carry around, then get the F11. Afterall ISO1600 is very handy too. And resolution of the F11 is great. But if you do need all the manual controls you can get then get the A700. Oh and the longest shutter speed of the F11 is actually also 15 seconds.

Canon Powershot A700 vs Fuji Finepix F10

Outdoor Night ISO Cropped Images
http://www.neocamera.com/review_canon_a700_crops.html
Seem like low ISO A700 captured more detail in long exposure whereas high ISO F10 captured more cleaner & better images balance despite some loss of detail.

Indoor ISO Cropped Images
http://www.neocamera.com/review_canon_a700_crops2.html
Seem like F10 are indeed all-rounded for indoor shots.

Basically if u want to have:
1) Better picture quality at higher ISO.
2) Class leading battery life.
3) Fast focusing + Good shot to shot speed.

The fuji is the way to go. The only bad thing is that I find that the XD card is quite expensive and slow (the M version). There is a faster card out now = the H version. Anyhow if you have used Canon and you are quite happy with the menu layout, stick to Canon. But if you want really the class leading compact camera, F11 is definately the way to go! No regrets. :thumbsup:

Basically if u want to have:
1) Better picture quality at higher ISO.
2) Class leading battery life.
3) Fast focusing + Good shot to shot speed.

The fuji is the way to go. The only bad thing is that I find that the XD card is quite expensive and slow (the M version). There is a faster card out now = the H version. Anyhow if you have used Canon and you are quite happy with the menu layout, stick to Canon. But if you want really the class leading compact camera, F11 is definately the way to go! No regrets. :thumbsup:

Nope, xDs are now very cheap too. A 1GB type-H can be found for $95.

Status
Not open for further replies.