Fujifilm CCD replacement program

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterf

Dec 29, 2005
Hi,
I would appreciate some feedback from anyone has got their CCD replaced under the Fujifilm CCD replacement program for the F700, F410, A303 and S2 Pro. I have a F700 with the symptoms described and was just wondering if the replaced CCD would develop the same problem again after some usage. I am considering getting a new camera if this is so.
Cheers!

peterf said:
Hi,
I would appreciate some feedback from anyone has got their CCD replaced under the Fujifilm CCD replacement program for the F700, F410, A303 and S2 Pro. I have a F700 with the symptoms described and was just wondering if the replaced CCD would develop the same problem again after some usage. I am considering getting a new camera if this is so.
Cheers!
the replaced ccd should not gives you same problem. check it out in www.dpreview.com and the cam manf website. :)

No no no, nothing lasts. My S2pro is ow on its third sensor, and my F700 its second.

But then again, so what if the problems come again? Fuji has been changing for free. In my case, twice on the S2pro and once on the F700.

Go to Fuji at Paya Lebar and get it done.

Then keep the camera away from heat (like in a car) and switch of/sleep when not in use. That will prolong the circuits and sensor life.

Thanks for all the feedback. It's just that I don't like the unpredictability; you know, when you need to take some shots, turn on the camera, and all you see is colorful lines.

How long did the sensors last on your 2 cameras?

yowch said:
No no no, nothing lasts. My S2pro is ow on its third sensor, and my F700 its second.
But then again, so what if the problems come again? Fuji has been changing for free. In my case, twice on the S2pro and once on the F700.
Go to Fuji at Paya Lebar and get it done.
Then keep the camera away from heat (like in a car) and switch of/sleep when not in use. That will prolong the circuits and sensor life.
the new ccd is supposed to replace those ccd with glue problem. so if you're still seeing similar problem, could it be they replaced the faulty ones with same batch ccd? As I understand, this ccd glue problem surfaced only in/around Oct 2005 which is between 1-2 years of use (correct me if I'm wrong) so those replace prior to this Oct date could be done with the same faulty batch of ccd. anyway, its a good deal that they recognise the problem and continue replacing it for you foc. you don't see many manufacturers doing this sort of recovery program.

My feeling and understanding is that the problem is inherent in ALL S2pro sensors, just that Fuji wouldn't want to say that (but, of course). It seems those of the batch numbers announced are most prone to failure.

The Fuji tech advised against high temperature, therefore, put to sleep mode early and no sitting in a hot car all day long. The S2pro is certainly not an all-weather super camera, it is just a good imaging machine.

The sensor changed into my cam for teh first time was definitely a new sensor, considering it was two years since the intro of the S2pro.

For reliability (at least, more reliability than the S2pro), go D2x.

Hi guys,

My dad's Fuji F402 digicam has suddenly developed the same CCD problems as mentioned for the F410, i.e. captured images that have a purplish cast or multi- colored distortions, after about 2 years of problem-free use. These symptoms would be seen on the camera LCD monitor when the camera is in the shooting mode or during playback. I'm not sure if Fuji will replace the CCD FOC since the F402 is not in the list of models with CCD problems, anyone else had this experience with an older Fuji model such as the F402?

TIA.

They probably will do a goodwill replacement. In any case, it was told to me that the F700 sensor replacement is about $60, can't be that much different for teh F410. If the body, lens and other parts are OK, I suppose a $60 replacement is not a bad idea. Especially considering the wonderful colours of Fuji!

thx yowch. :)

just collected my F402 from fuji service centre today. they replaced the CCD FOC.

:thumbsup: for fuji!

Status
Not open for further replies.