Fujifilm Astia - Where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuji Olykon

Nov 19, 2004
East, Macpherson
Anybody knows where can I get Fujifilm Astia slide film in Singapore? I hv cheked with major shops (CP, Rugby, Konata, Colour Lab, Fotohub....) but to no avail.

What will be a good alternative slide film for outdoor portrait? :think:

Fuji Olykon said:
Anybody knows where can I get Fujifilm Astia slide film in Singapore? I hv cheked with major shops (CP, Rugby, Konata, Colour Lab, Fotohub....) but to no avail.

What will be a good alternative slide film for outdoor portrait? :think:

Try sensia?

rebbot said:
Try sensia?
tot sensia is for lomographers who wanna do cross processing? hehx..

Snoweagle said:
Velvia and Provia are very gd too.

These make people look overly red. I wouldn't recommend it for portrait usage.

Stoned said:

actually, provia still ok. its velvia dat will make a human look like something out of an andy warhol, pop-art like painting, IMO... :sweatsm:

I prefer Astia for portraits. Love 'em.

Clown said:
tot sensia is for lomographers who wanna do cross processing? hehx..

sensia is kinda like an alternative to astia if I remember correctly :) Also i thought all slides can be x-processed ;p

Stoned said:

But i've heard of some films that are made specially for taking portraits, such as the portra.

so where to find astia? i just checked with cathay few days ago and they told me astia hasnt been coming in for some time.

nightwolf75 said:
actually, provia still ok. its velvia dat will make a human look like something out of an andy warhol, pop-art like painting, IMO... :sweatsm:

true true :bsmilie: but kodak elite chrome seems worse :bsmilie:

I've tried my first velvia (which is still in my cam) taking macro shots and night scenes so far. Should be ok on the colour right?

madmacs said:
so where to find astia? i just checked with cathay few days ago and they told me astia hasnt been coming in for some time.

i checked last mth... gave me the same story too. just went 2 days ago and still no stock. gave up and got provia 400.

nightwolf75 said:
i checked last mth... gave me the same story too. just went 2 days ago and still no stock. gave up and got provia 400.

think malaysia got? heh...anyone going there? maybe can help buy back for us ;p :bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:

By the way how much is the provia 400 per roll? Cos i heard that the higher ASA for slide films, they cost much more. Last time i got my velvia 100 for $10.50 per roll.

madmacs said:
think malaysia got? heh...anyone going there? maybe can help buy back for us ;p :bsmilie:

i'm getting mine from the source country (fingers crossed...) :sweatsm: :sweat:

nightwolf75 said:
When I checked a few months ago, they also tell me the same thing. The last few rolls of Astia I had, already sold to you liao.

espn said:
When I checked a few months ago, they also tell me the same thing. The last few rolls of Astia I had, already sold to you liao.

yeah... and i finished using them a long time ago too... :embrass:

madmacs - still waiting for price confirmation from my fren. will PM u later. ;)

nightwolf75 said:

uncle sam how is provia 400? Does the result looks grainy? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.