Fujifilm 2600 or Canon A20...

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

La|n

hi guys,
help me to decide which one sld i get for this 2 2.1 Megapixels Digicams...
really canot decide....
can lists down both their pros n cons ?
and hows the pic quality of both in 4R foto size ??

thanks a lot :rbounce: :p

thanks...
got a few qns to ask u though...hope u dun mind...
wat is " Exposure compensation -0.9EV to +1.5EV in 1/3EV steps "

i notice tat 2600Z is 0.9 to 1.5 and A20 is -2 to +2....wats the diff ??

and aso, the min n max shutter speed for the 2 are diff, hows the shutter speed gonna affect the foto quality ?

and for nite shots, which digicam is better ?? :p :p
thanks

i can onli help more wif the accessories and pricing part... can't reelli help wif the image quality and stuff cos i haven't tried them out myself.. hahaz....

1. fuji 2600 comes wif charger and rechargable batts, A20 doesn't....
2. and if you're price-conscious, the A20 would cost slightly more than the 2600...
3. fuji 2600 comes wif a 16mb SM card while A20 comes wif 8mb CF card... w/c is not much of an issue cos u wld wanna get a larger capacity card sooner or later...
4. A20 has the video-out function, w/c is not found on the 2600....
5. A20's min shutter speed is 1s as compared to the 1/2s of 2600...
6. 2600 has a built-in movie mode (no sound though)... but the A20 doesn't haf this function at all...

hmmz... will try to tink of more differences.. u evaluate them fer urself and see w/c ones are more impt to u yarz?

Originally posted by La|n
thanks...
got a few qns to ask u though...hope u dun mind...
wat is " Exposure compensation -0.9EV to +1.5EV in 1/3EV steps "

i notice tat 2600Z is 0.9 to 1.5 and A20 is -2 to +2....wats the diff ??

and aso, the min n max shutter speed for the 2 are diff, hows the shutter speed gonna affect the foto quality ?

and for nite shots, which digicam is better ?? :p :p
thanks

I am also new lah.. but i try to help, ok?

Other thing i dun know.. but know that 5 sec shutter is better than 1 sec shutter in nite shoot.... as the shutter needs to stay open as long as possible to "grab" enuff lite for the shoot... Need a tripod unless you cn hold a camera still for 5 sec...

Read somewhere that anything faster than 1/60 prefer to use a tripod.

hows the shutter speed gonna affect the foto quality ?
and for nite shots, which is better ?? thanks :D :D

Originally posted by weeguy
i can onli help more wif the accessories and pricing part... can't reelli help wif the image quality and stuff cos i haven't tried them out myself.. hahaz....

1. fuji 2600 comes wif charger and rechargable batts, A20 doesn't....
2. and if you're price-conscious, the A20 would cost slightly more than the 2600...
3. fuji 2600 comes wif a 16mb SM card while A20 comes wif 8mb CF card... w/c is not much of an issue cos u wld wanna get a larger capacity card sooner or later...
4. A20 has the video-out function, w/c is not found on the 2600....
5. A20's min shutter speed is 1s as compared to the 1/2s of 2600...
6. 2600 has a built-in movie mode (no sound though)... but the A20 doesn't haf this function at all...

hmmz... will try to tink of more differences.. u evaluate them fer urself and see w/c ones are more impt to u yarz?

so how do we interpret this...1/1000sec (max shutter speed) ??

so how do we interpret this...1/1000sec (max shutter speed) ??

max as in fastest lorz... so the shortest time possible fer the shutter to open and close is 1/1000s....
if the MIN shutter speed is 1/2s then the longest time the shutter stays open is 1/2s lorz..
mi newbie oso (tt's y i'm in this part of the forum... hahaz...) but i tink wat i wrote above is correct.. hahaz...

hows the shutter speed gonna affect the foto quality ?
and for nite shots, which is better ?? thanks :D :D

A20 will be marginally better for night shots. The longer the shutter stays open, the more light can enter. It won't really affect the sharpness or colors of the photos.

oic, thanks a lot...u guys are really great...me jus a newbie in these things....thanks for the patience...

and wat abt the exposure compensation i mentioned above ??
wats tat for ?

I would like to offer some advice..... if you want good night shots, go for cameras which allow longer exposure. If not, you won't be able to capture scenes like city lights well. A cheap (but not so popular one) that comes to mind is the Casio QV2400UX. This is around the same price range as the A20 and the 2600. The QV2400UX can go up to 60s!!!! Longer than many more expensive cameras out there. And it allows you to take very close-up pics of flowers and insects (it can focus at 1cm!!!).

Also, if you want to take good pics of animals like tigers and lions, etc in the zoo, a longer zoom is necessary. 3x zoom is not sufficient for these shots. Fujifilm 2800 (6x optical zoom), Casio QV2900UX (8x optical zoom), Olympus C700UZ(10x optical zoom) and Olympus C2100UZ(10x optical zoom with image stabilisation) are the more popular ones here which cost less than $1000.

Originally posted by mpenza
I would like to offer some advice..... if you want good night shots, go for cameras which allow longer exposure. If not, you won't be able to capture scenes like city lights well. A cheap (but not so popular one) that comes to mind is the Casio QV2400UX. This is be around the same price range as the A20 and the 2600. The QV2400UX can go up to 60s!!!! Longer than many more expensive cameras out there. And it allows you to take very close-up pics of flowers and insects (it can focus at 1cm!!!).

Also, if you want to take good pics of animals like tigers and lions, etc in the zoo, a longer zoom is necessary. 3x zoom is not sufficient for these shots.

hahaz.. totally agree wif u~!!! :D
cos tt's the camera i'm going to get after oso... bwahahaz...
although the image quality not as good as the 2 other cameras discussed above, the qv2400 offer alot more manual features and lies within the same price range..
plus it's "best shot" feature can oso help newbies like us get great looking shots~!! hahaz... :gbounce:

so, where to get this casio qv2400 for best price ?
roughly how much is it gg to cost ??

Originally posted by weeguy

hahaz.. totally agree wif u~!!! :D
cos tt's the camera i'm going to get after oso... bwahahaz...
although the image quality not as good as the 2 other cameras discussed above, the qv2400 offer alot more manual features and lies within the same price range..
plus it's "best shot" feature can oso help newbies like us get great looking shots~!! hahaz... :gbounce:

It costs about $550-600 in Alan Photo, Sim Lim Square.

if u're reelli interested, maybe we could go down together to get it some dae.. hahaz... probably can bargain fer a better price oso... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.