Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best looking one with very solid built metal and similar textile will be the Gariz Gold or Gun Metal soft release buttons. Only Artworkfoto bring in the Gold colour one, and cost around $70. You can order the gun metal colour one from ebay.

I bought 1 previously but sold off as I am using full casing and thus it presses on the button often, with once that I forgot to switch off and the camera battery totally flat since it is constantly "On' as the button was pressed and it does not go into "sleep" mode if you forget to switch off. I was also worried that this will cause problem if I constantly pressed on the button via the full casing.

So I am back to the nice small soft button, flushed nicely to the button with no gaps at all. This one can get from Decameraconsultant. Very nice uncle who specializes on rangefinder and repairs.

Not sure about your style and preference. I prefer everything same colour. My X-E1 is black. All other accessories are black. Same type of black and same texture/style if possible.

If you like bright red, gold, big buttons, there are more choices!

Bro, HK is having camera and photography accessories flea market this weekend, check out wat i found...

第五屆國際攝影器材跳蚤市場特惠貨品九, 95% M9BP全套 $30880 - 商户區 - Hong Kong Leica Fan Club - Powered by Discuz!

M9P for 5K SGD!!! Piangz... really drop so fast ar??

hercules screen protector.. get the x100.. fits perfect.. i can send you a picture
b+w uv nano... order from mass order.. got this particular guy will even mail you.. $50
slr revo batt... $13 only
soft button i prefer tim issac from chiif... $25.. decameraconsultant ones $20 fits damn gd too.

Thanks... ok... d list

1. Hercules Hard Screen Protector - got X-E1 size or not? @ sgcamerastore.

2. B+W UV Nano - Where is d cheapest in Funan? If not around Funan??

3. SLR Revo - extra 3rd party battery for around 20plus dollars..

4. Chiif or Artworkfoto to check out soft buttons...

Tks all for the info... Seriously, most impt is d filter... pls advise which shop sells d cheapest B+W Nano 52mm in Funan? Deeply appreciated.

chiif has both the red and gold variants of the dragon soft release, got mine in gold. chiif also nice price for b+w filters last time. can also check slrr and tkfoto for b+w filters

irvinl said:
hercules screen protector.. get the x100.. fits perfect.. i can send you a picture
b+w uv nano... order from mass order.. got this particular guy will even mail you.. $50
slr revo batt... $13 only
soft button i prefer tim issac from chiif... $25.. decameraconsultant ones $20 fits damn gd too.

Tks bro. Cheers.

Errz said:
buy buy buy!

Err. I went HK last weekend liao. If I m there this weekend of last weekend, most probably I will b buying this m9p n pair up wif my cron 35 asph instead of having my x-e1 now. Haha. No fate.

wedgehammer said:
chiif has both the red and gold variants of the dragon soft release, got mine in gold. chiif also nice price for b+w filters last time. can also check slrr and tkfoto for b+w filters

Great. Like d red dragon one. Will seek it out.

oh and he got in both beep and boop type, i.e. both convex and concave (?) types

wedgehammer said:
oh and he got in both beep and boop type, i.e. both convex and concave (?) types

Yeah. Must try it on n c how it fits. Dun wanna obstruct d speed dial or on off switch. LOL

Yeah. Must try it on n c how it fits. Dun wanna obstruct d speed dial or on off switch. LOL

Just got a red boop from Chiff and a red Popular Disgrace from Crumpler over the weekend. Nice fit.

Just got a red boop from Chiff and a red Popular Disgrace from Crumpler over the weekend. Nice fit.

Great... cant wait for saturday... still dunno how to use the X-E1 much... especially the AF settings... Gotta spend some time over the weekends to check this out and also do custom settings... Cheers.

Aiyoh... this one is M9BP (Black Paint), not M9P. Retail price difference for M9 and M9P is around $1K difference.

M9 Black Paint for 5000 shutter clicks you should be able to get below $6K, but not the M9P. Who knows if it will drop further, but that's gadgets and bound to drop in value.

Anyway, this HKD depreciation really helps in making things alot more affordable!

Last edited:
My Gun Metal soft release button just dropped into the longkau tonight. I am just going to buy cheap ones from now on.

ZoomZ said:
Aiyoh... this one is M9BP (Black Paint), not M9P. Retail price difference for M9 and M9P is around $1K difference.

M9 Black Paint for 5000 shutter clicks you should be able to get below $6K, but not the M9P. Who knows if it will drop further, but that's gadgets and bound to drop in value.

Anyway, this HKD depreciation really helps in making things alot more affordable!

Haha. Wait for d price to drop in sg. D time will come.

yupeeee said:
My Gun Metal soft release button just dropped into the longkau tonight. I am just going to buy cheap ones from now on.

Dropped into which longkau?? I go find later. Keke

Haha. Wait for d price to drop in sg. D time will come.

did leica say they'll come out with a brand new mirrorless system to compete? or is leica ME it?

So sorry to hear tat, Actually u can buy the get the transparent nail polish to coat the thread on the soft release, then when u screw it on.

So sorry to hear tat, Actually u can buy the get the transparent nail polish to coat the thread on the soft release, then when u screw it on.

i use PTFE tape - the white tape they use on pipe threads.

irvinl said:
did leica say they'll come out with a brand new mirrorless system to compete? or is leica ME it?

Rumor has it. Leica will release a full frame mirror less. Much more compact wif live view n focus peaking. It will b only MF lenses though all perfectly tuned to d Leica body.

Leica ME is still a rangefinder.

Just gotten the 8mm fisheye..look nice when it mount on ths lttle beast..

xe01-XL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.