Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissp

Nov 28, 2009
Singapore
Saw these being posted on digicaminfo - possible upcoming X-E1 and new X series compact.

X-E1 (Source)

fuji_xe1_f1.jpg

fuji_xe1_f2.jpg

The upcoming 18-55 f/2.8-4 OIS also makes a guest appearance.

New X-series compact (model name unknown) (Source)

fuji_x_compact_f1.jpg

fuji_x_compact_b1.jpg

Looks like the X-E1 (only EVF, no OVF) will sit below the X-Pro 1 while I am not sure about the new compact (probably below X10 given the lack of OVF, slower aperture range and buttons?). Hopefully more specs will surface. If these are real, then it might be that both will be announced very soon, maybe at Photokina. Personally quite excited about the X-E1 ... :D

i am waiting for this......together with 10-24mm and 55-300mm OIS.

Now I am definitely screwed !

Without the OVF/HVF, the lag time between what is shown on the EVF and the actual scene will become an issue.

if its EVF only, Fujifilm had better be using better EVFs like those found on the nex7 or OMD. Otherwise.... -.-"

Quite excited by the pictures, but it all comes down to the performance and most importantly, price point.

Wow nice, i prefer the XE-1 look over the X-Pro1

I actually prefer x-pro1. The X-E1 looks odd without the viewfinder chamber... doesn't look classic enough.

no problem...go for x1pro then...every product has its own target customer

Great news..
But it looks more modern as compared to xpro1 and x100..
I find that it is not as retro as before..

Hope to get it to replace my now dead OM-D..

Praying that it will be launched before December..

Last edited:
vengels said:
Great news..
But it looks more modern as compared to xpro1 and x100..
I find that it is not as retro as before..

Hope to get it to replace my now dead OM-D..

Praying that it will be launched before December..

Mind sharing what happened to your OM-D?

yrh0413 said:
Mind sharing what happened to your OM-D?

I dropped it..
Rolled down a flight of stairs..
LCD cracked and evf not working..
Sensor also gone..

Gonna take a long time and costs a bomb to fix..
So most probably not fixing..
Not worth to fix it..

Without the OVF, it certainly looks a touch less retro, than say the X100. X-E1 looks more like a fusion of retro and modern styling. Still very appealing though. Let's hope the specs and especially the price point appeals too. And as member Larken pointed out, hopefully comes with an excellent EVF.

Without the OVF, it certainly looks a touch less retro, than say the X100. X-E1 looks more like a fusion of retro and modern styling. Still very appealing though. Let's hope the specs and especially the price point appeals too. And as member Larken pointed out, hopefully comes with an excellent EVF.

if Fuji can throw is similar sensor as X1pro into this body, with a price of SGD1,399. I could not care much of retro look.

I dropped it..
Rolled down a flight of stairs..
LCD cracked and evf not working..
Sensor also gone..

Gonna take a long time and costs a bomb to fix..
So most probably not fixing..
Not worth to fix it..

wah..i could feel your pain..

I hope there will be significant improvements on the AF and EVF's time lag of the camera this time. The market for large sensor mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras is getting crowded with Canon joining in. The opening for Fuljifilm to gain larger market share is becoming smaller and harder.

I hope that there would be a fast silver pancake lens to go with the silver X-E1.

New compact seems to go the way of leica x1/x2 styling

yrh0413 said:
Fuji x-series has always had Leica styling... X-pro1 vs digital M bodies, X100 vs X1/X2...

X100 styling is not exactly x1/2, if u had seen both. X100 resembles old school rf.x1/2 is more simplistic minimalistic

Status
Not open for further replies.