Fuji Users Gather!

Originally posted by oceanblue
i stupidly bought a Vitacon wide angle.... now wanna trade with a fuji one....i'll top up some....of course....erhmmm....anyone interested??!!

B300 also.... by the way, is the olympus c210 good???

Me too! Proud owner of F601Z. ;)

B300 also.... by the way, is the olympus c210 good???

C210 is good but the rear element is too small for the S602Z. It'll result in vignetting (dark corners).

Originally posted by mpenza

C210 is good but the rear element is too small for the S602Z. It'll result in vignetting (dark corners).

Is there any lenses that is good, but does not cause the @#$% vignetting???

Vignetting it seems to happen for most teles on 602z but after some zoom shld be gone already.....

I want to qualify that for the C-210, it causes vignetting at ALL zoom positions, including full optical zoom. You need to use digital zoom to eliminate the vignetting. For other ones like the Fuji telelens which has a bigger rear element, there's no vigneting at the higher zoom ranges.

Originally posted by Revo

Vignetting it seems to happen for most teles on 602z but after some zoom shld be gone already.....

why is that so???

any suggestions for a wide angle lens?? By the way, is there any shop in whicj you can trade in ur lenses and top up to buy a new one???

Sorry to butt in guys, wanted to know what you guys think of the new Fuji S304 / 3800 ?

its a 3MP, 6x optical cam with xD mem.

btw, how much does a 128MB xD cost?

I'm pretty much PnS, but like to have a bit of advanced features of the cam. Also plus point is it can be used as a webcam.

Regards,

Argh... I'm late :(

Anyway, exams are finally over !!! :D

Add me pls (602Z) :D

Originally posted by Zerstorer
Thought of having a Fuji user headcount.
All are welcome, from DSLR users(S1 & S2 Pro) to compact users(A200, A203) don't be shy...heh.;)

Maybe even older Fujica users should join in!

1.Zerstorer /-Fujica ST-801 & Fujifilm Finepix S602Z.
2. renaissance_myth /-Fujifilm FinePix 6900
3. mpenza /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
4. wiz /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
5. malkw /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
6. izux /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
7. Wolfgang/-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
8. chenwei /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
9. azone /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
10. darkness /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
11. HOCL /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
12. xdivider /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
13. weg /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
14. Doods /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
15. DanielG /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
16. Revo /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
17. oceanblue /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z
18. enivre /-Fujifilm Finepix S602Z

I'm a 69er for 15months 9days & counting! :devil:

Hi, I just got a 602Z a couple of weeks ago too.

Btw, does anyone here take infrared pictures with their digital cameras? Am kinda interested in this technique but am wondering how to focus the shot if the filter is in complete (almost) darkness. welcome any advice.:D

infrared red is not supposed to be visible ;p as long as the camera can see it, it's good enough. I used a Hoya R72 (near infrared red) filter for my IR shots (only tried once in US). ark19 has lots more IR shots.

Originally posted by mpenza
infrared red is not supposed to be visible ;p as long as the camera can see it, it's good enough. I used a Hoya R72 (near infrared red) filter for my IR shots (only tried once in US). ark19 has lots more IR shots.
mpenza, tks for the quick reply. R72 and R90 (think i remember the code correctly), are pretty dark, as compared to other filters. What I'm concern about, is whether such properties will hinder the focusing capabilities of the camera? Can i still point at something 2 metres or less to focus? or do I have to be settled for just landscape shots.

No experience with IR filters here, but something that you can try if the focusing fails is to compose and focus first without the filter, then put on the filter before taking the shot. A little troublesome but at least it works. ;)

2m away as in people? The exposure will be pretty long even under bright sunlight, so you probably have to use a tripod to minimise camera shake.

thanks for all the advice. Will try the R72 this weekend. :D

just joined in...
havent really played around w/ my cam yet tho'
argh..exams...

cheers

how to you take nice city harbourview shots....need to get extra flash? any rec?