Fuji Reala 100


Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroTech

New Member
Apr 4, 2002
546
0
0
43
In Paradise
Visit site
#1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone in this forum has shot with Reala 100 and pushed it (is this possible in the first place?) to say ISO 200 or 400 before?

If so how was the picture quality?

Regards!! :)
 

ST1100

Senior Member
Jun 18, 2003
1,785
0
0
Singapore, Bedok
#2
i have used reala 100, but i have not pushed it before. But don't mind i ask: why would anyone want to (deliberate) push reala 100? Most ppl recommend shooting it at ISO80 for better results. Besides, compared to consumer films, reala is not cheap... would it be a waste to push it? (unless you're hoping to get iso400 w the fine grain of reala?)
 

NitroTech

New Member
Apr 4, 2002
546
0
0
43
In Paradise
Visit site
#5
Originally posted by ST1100
i have used reala 100, but i have not pushed it before. But don't mind i ask: why would anyone want to (deliberate) push reala 100? Most ppl recommend shooting it at ISO80 for better results. Besides, compared to consumer films, reala is not cheap... would it be a waste to push it? (unless you're hoping to get iso400 w the fine grain of reala?)
The thing is this, I usually shoot with slides and with slides like Provia 100 there is no problem pushing it(when there is overcast skies and all). But for Reala I don't know.

Yes, I have shot with Reala before(very good film btw) and yes, it is expensive. That's why I want to get feedbacks from others before I push it. :)
 

ST1100

Senior Member
Jun 18, 2003
1,785
0
0
Singapore, Bedok
#7
Originally posted by NitroTech
The thing is this, I usually shoot with slides and with slides like Provia 100 there is no problem pushing it(when there is overcast skies and all). But for Reala I don't know.

i take this to mean that you loaded reala on a bright sunny day, start clicking, and halfway through the roll, the sky turns dark and you want to push it? (As opposed to: the sky is already dark, and you load a fresh roll of reala with an intent to push the WHOLE roll?)

There is a diff. In the first case, you would develop the roll normally and maybe push at the printing stage. In the second case, you would push-develop the whole roll.

i have the feeling that the second case would produce better results. Anyway, i haven't done either. Sorry if i'm wasting your time.

When you say you push Provia 100 1-2 stops, you mean you push-develop the whole roll, right? From what i know, if a slide is out by 1/2 to 1 stop, it's bin material.

Just humour me one more time: what language is your signature in? (BTW, thanx mahler.)
 

ST1100

Senior Member
Jun 18, 2003
1,785
0
0
Singapore, Bedok
#8
Originally posted by djchris
How much is reala 100 and what is the main use of this film?
Negative film w very rich and nice colours, and very fine-grain. Last i remembered, about $8-$10 at Cathay, and usually out of stock.
 

NitroTech

New Member
Apr 4, 2002
546
0
0
43
In Paradise
Visit site
#9
Originally posted by ST1100
i take this to mean that you loaded reala on a bright sunny day, start clicking, and halfway through the roll, the sky turns dark and you want to push it? (As opposed to: the sky is already dark, and you load a fresh roll of reala with an intent to push the WHOLE roll?)

There is a diff. In the first case, you would develop the roll normally and maybe push at the printing stage. In the second case, you would push-develop the whole roll.

i have the feeling that the second case would produce better results. Anyway, i haven't done either. Sorry if i'm wasting your time.

When you say you push Provia 100 1-2 stops, you mean you push-develop the whole roll, right? From what i know, if a slide is out by 1/2 to 1 stop, it's bin material.

Just humour me one more time: what language is your signature in? (BTW, thanx mahler.)

Yeah it's the latter case. As in i push from the very start.

In Russian mate.... :D
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#10
ST1100: You can't push halfway in a roll, unless you have a way of cutting undeveloped film precisely, seperating them, and keeping the film in the dark all the while.

Nitro: A little odd, why not use 400 film to begin with?
 

Oct 26, 2002
228
0
0
Visit site
#11
new stock at ruby not too long ago. S$6.80 per roll. i once asked the uncle at ruby abt pushing the iso. he told me that it would be a waste to do that. i always use it at iso100.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom