Fuji Photolabs use AdobeRGB or SRGB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosu_John

Aug 11, 2004
www.blackbistro.com
Hey guys,

Having done some research on the topic of AdobeRGB and SRGB, I would like to ask if Fuji Photolabs processing machines have the AdobeRGB working space loaded within them, if not even if I process with AdobeRGB, the results would be under a SRGB standard.

Many thanks in advance. :D

I spoke to the guy at DigiPro Imaging at Marine Terrace...

They're using the Fuji ePic system. According to him, they are using the CMYK profile.

Hope this helps :)

cphile said:
I spoke to the guy at DigiPro Imaging at Marine Terrace...

They're using the Fuji ePic system. According to him, they are using the CMYK profile.

Hope this helps :)

Hmm.. CMYK profile. Does anyone know if it has a wider Gamut than AdobeRGB? If it does then I'll save my NEF files as JPG in AdobeRGB profile and send to them and SRGB for display on ClubSNAP. :D

Gosu_John said:
Hmm.. CMYK profile. Does anyone know if it has a wider Gamut than AdobeRGB? If it does then I'll save my NEF files as JPG in AdobeRGB profile and send to them and SRGB for display on ClubSNAP. :D
Should be the other way round, display as Adobe RGB and print as sRGB.

not sure if this is OT: Just came back from Colorlab - some of my photos that were processed using PS elements were unable to load when trying to download into the shop's Fuji software.

I just checked the setting on my PS - I think the processed pixs are saved in AdobeRGB. Not sure if this is why the photos couldn't be loaded. I have re-saved the pixs in sRGB and will visit Colorlab again to test.

I have asked the lab to process those unloadable pixs anyway - wonder how they will turn out.

confirm sRGB.

ckiang said:
For most labs, sRGB is sufficient. Prints do not have the gamut of AdobeRGB to begin with. And definitely don't convert to the CMYK profile.

Regards
CK

That is very useful. Thank you for that piece of information. :D

ckiang said:
For most labs, sRGB is sufficient. Prints do not have the gamut of AdobeRGB to begin with. And definitely don't convert to the CMYK profile.

Regards
CK

Does this mean it is safer to shoot in sRGB and process pics in sRGB, if one is intending to send it for prints?

Madmax, I suggest you read this article on sRGB vs. AdobeRGB. :thumbsup:

please post in the correct forums. This is hardly related to Nikon.

moderators should consider making the info in this earlier thread a sticky as this question is asked very often (the 'quality' of the answers given in this earlier thread is way above the norm for clubsnap):

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=105296

Fuji Frontier machines do not understand color profile. So you need to convert your jpg file to sRGB before you sent it for printing. Or else you may not get the same color as what you see on your monitor.

I will usually try to edit in a bigger color space, like Adobe RGB. This gives me more room to play with. Then I convert to sRGB for printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.