Fuji Lab is closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khinmarn

Oct 27, 2003
www.clubsnap.com
I heard Fuji Lab has announced this morning that they will be stopping their slide development service. Apparently the business volume could not justify their existence.

Is digital reigning, where do film go from here?

You sure? doesn't sound too likely given that Fuji just introduced the Velvia 100 series just recently. Sounds more like a malicious rumor to me than anything else.

No lah, I am not in the business of rumour mongering, only fuelling the facts. I went round today to Cathay and Ruby and they had affirmed this. A circular has been sent out today that Fuji Colour Services has been discontinued with immediate effect. Apparently, they have not been making money for the past four years.

I am disappointed this had happened. Irregardless how Fuji positioned this termination, it is a disservice to the film based community. They are basically saying just drop your stuff off at any mom and pop shop around the corner, their Fuji Frontier machine would satisfy your needs.

This marks a sad day in film photography.

reno77 said:
Will RGB still be processing slides then ?

Sure, so will Spectra. But it's just like Performance Motor decides to stop servicing BMWs and Cycle & Carriage for Mercs.

reno77 said:
Will RGB still be processing slides then ?

Sure, so will Spectra.

But it's just like saying Performance Motor decides to stop servicing BMWs and Cycle & Carriage for Mercs. Then again, if this does happen, they are merely the distributors not the parents themselves. In this case, the Fuji parent company has decided to abandon their children in Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.