Fuji F10/F11 u/w housing interchangable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
not much response from the thread i started in here.

So I thought this might be a better place to seek for advise.

I'm going to get the F11 soon with the u/w casing.

Was thinking to save money to get a second hand F10 house if anyone has one to let go.
It was previously packaged with the F10 for $110+ or so at one of the computer fairs last year...

Does the F10 house fit the F11?

Also to gather some interest if anyone else wants to get the u/w casing as well.

apparently the f10 and f11 has similar housing. that's what the shops tell me. :)

The casing are the same for both F10 & F11. All buttons accessible.

thanks all. finally got both the cam and housing :D

[post removed by mod: WTB or WTS only in Buy and Sell Forum. Thanks.]

YYK:

Where did u get the housing from? I was thinking of getting the F11 and a housing coz of the usable high ISO strobes won't be required.

DeusExMachina said:
YYK:

Where did u get the housing from? I was thinking of getting the F11 and a housing coz of the usable high ISO strobes won't be required.

Hi DeusExMachina,

Strobes will always be a integral part of Underwater Photography, else most of the pictures will be blue-ish in tint. The strobes will bring back the colour @ depth.

Cheers

waisj said:
Hi DeusExMachina,

Strobes will always be a integral part of Underwater Photography, else most of the pictures will be blue-ish in tint. The strobes will bring back the colour @ depth.

Cheers

Not when you don't dive deeper than 2m. :)

DeusExMachina said:

haha yes yes... Still Underwater Phography, but not Underwater - Underwater Photography... :D

Then again with Strobes, 2m would be good too.....:D

DeusExMachina said:

depth is not the only concern for light absorption. distance, visibility and good sunlight are factors too. it is very rare that we dun dive to more than 2m most of the time, local diving aside.

having strobes widen your photography possibilities and quality. you can do without, but will do better with, most of the time. :)

oops, OT ;p

F11 seems to be quite 'hot' discussion for uw photography now eh ... very light on pocket and hand too, uw or land

waisj said:
haha yes yes... Still Underwater Phography, but not Underwater - Underwater Photography... :D

Then again with Strobes, 2m would be good too.....:D

Actually I'm just fooling around when snorkeling, not really commited to serious u/w photos, it's going to cost way too much to house my D200. The place I'm going is only 2m deep on average and its deepest point is around 5m with brain corals the size of cars, visibility is good and lighting should be excellent on a nice sunny day. Don't think the red spectrum will disappear too much for 2m, nothing PS couldn't solve anyways. However, I am concerned about back-scatter if I use the internal flash, hence I think I'd opt for no flash at all with higher ISOs. Currently undecided whether to buy a 2nd hand P&S and then try to look for a casing for it, look for a new cheap casing and then find the camera, or just get marginally waterproof cameras like the Pentax Optio WP, Sony DSC-U60 or KM DG-5W. I'd love the DG-5W, its the only waterproof cam with a wide 28mm, unfortunately its only sold in Jipun. :cry:

What da u guys think?

orrr... so u are only snorkelling... ;p

this thread is only limited to the discussion of f10/f11 and if the u/w housing interchangeable or not actually ... if you would like to discuss more on other brands of cameras and housings, you might want to open another thread for your own benefit too :)

yanyewkay, show us uw photos taken with your f11 after you have gone diving with it k... ;)

beivied said:
orrr... so u are only snorkelling... ;p

this thread is only limited to the discussion of f10/f11 and if the u/w housing interchangeable or not actually ... if you would like to discuss more on other brands of cameras and housings, you might want to open another thread for your own benefit too :)

yanyewkay, show us uw photos taken with your f11 after you have gone diving with it k... ;)

My apologies, dear expert diver/moderator, but could you guide me the snorkeling section in Clubsnap so I could start a thread there?

i am not saying that you cannot post a thread in the uw photography subforum, but rather start a thread in this subforum on your topic, so that you can get more response.

beivied said:
i am not saying that you cannot post a thread in the uw photography subforum, but rather start a thread in this subforum on your topic, so that you can get more response.

I am indeed interested in the topic at hand, which is why I posted here, I'd like to know of YYK's experience with the F11/F10 and the housing, but I'm undecided, as I mentioned in my previous post. This post will serve to affect my purchasing decision and as such I think it is indeed relevant, furthermore it will benefit more u/w photogs who will no doubt be asking the same questions as I forsee the F10/F11 becoming a popular u/w camera.

Cheers, no hard feelings.:)

woah biang.. suddenly my thread become so popular.. ahhah

I bought my F11 and u/w case together at MS-Colors. The casing itself was marked for F10 but the box was printed for F10/F11 on the outside, eitherway, it fits.

It fits my pocket too.. the casing was priced at ~$230 (i forgot how much is it but confirm <$250) the F11 itself at ~$590 (confirm below $600) Interested parties can find me and we go bargain for the F11 ;p I'll buying another for my friend.

So far, deepest the casing has been to was only 30cm in a pail for a leak test. I was being 'put airplane' (AA2006?!) and so the casing has been sitting nicely wrapped still in my room.

DeusExMachina: relax lah.. the mods here are generally very humourous and forgiving.. the thing about snorkelling is jsut a joke :cheers:

F11 really quite light on the pocket sia.... good for those who wish to start on uw photography on a budget I guess....

about the snorkelling thing hor, what I meant was "oh so you are snorkelling, no wonder you dun want to get strobes" Sorry if I didnt make myself clear :)

really hope to see some uw pics taken by F11 :)

DeusExMachina said:
My apologies, dear expert diver/moderator, but could you guide me the snorkeling section in Clubsnap so I could start a thread there?

Let me then Iterate this to you. There is no room in this forum for crassness. The light that beivied shed was for your to start a discussion for the benefit of the forum members and yourself. There are tonnes more people who browse and who don't contribute.

This is NOT a place to start topics on Diver/Moderator experts.

Let this be a stern warning to all.

Now let's move forward

Status
Not open for further replies.