Fuji 602 zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfathom69

Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
Anyone has shoot studio portrait with this cam? what type of white balance u use.

Seem to have an orange cast when using auto white balance

use custom white balance for best results. try to set the white balance under the exact conditions where you do your portrait shots.

Did you set a custom white balance with your flash before shooting?

I've found that it helps remove the orange cast if you do that.

One thing to note is to be careful with what sort of paper you use to set the white balance.

Do not use glossy white paper or just any piece of white paper as it may likely contain some whitening agent which makes it seem blueish under strong light. If you use this to set the white balance the net result would still be a yellow cast.

Try using matt paper, a grey cardboard backing seems to work well too.

Best would be to use a real Kodak Grey/White card.

yup, don't use AWB when using flash. Even fill flash in daylight also will get occasional orange cast. Like mpenza and zerstorer said, use custom white balance.

where to get a grey/white card? these 2 cards got any diff? how much?

Standard is 18% grey right? Do they come in other values and if so, how are they applied?

Thk guys:)

Actually I am not using the cam, just ask to help chenwei to get the correct color for this Sat model shoot.

i try settin the custom wb in the exact locations....true enuff theres no orange cast...but usin onboard flash gives a funny bluish effect on the pics...

Not sure abt chenwei tho.......

:(

My experience is that custom WB using a grey card gives better skin tone than using a white card.

The last time, in absence of a grey card, I setup custom WB using the grey surface of a Sitoca computer table and the skin tone is fantastic! :bsmilie:

very pek chek.... very time I followed the user manual's instructions to set the white balance on my 602, the camera would register "Over". Is there any minimum distance between the camera and the object (may it be a card, a piece of paper or even a computer table)? Err..... computer table?

Could anyone also care to enlighten me as to how much does a white or grey card cost? Tks.

Originally posted by JRTerrier
very pek chek.... very time I followed the user manual's instructions to set the white balance on my 602, the camera would register "Over". Is there any minimum distance between the camera and the object (may it be a card, a piece of paper or even a computer table)? Err..... computer table?

I experienced that too. Just back off a little and zoom in to cover entire screen with the grey/white card ....

Originally posted by JRTerrier

Could anyone also care to enlighten me as to how much does a white or grey card cost? Tks.

Switch to manual mode and crank up the shutter speed to 1/500 or more and you should be able to get a reading.

Also try to avoid surfaces that are too highly reflective.

"up the shutter speed to 1/500 or more"? Hmm... will give that a try. btw, thinking of getting myself a thick white card tomorrow... after setting WB, can turn it into a bounce card.:D

Originally posted by Bluestrike

wah.. he so lazy to post and ask meh?
;p
oh oh... it's not me lazy lar... :embrass: ok ok, i am busy ok? :embrass: :dent:

thanks xfathom69, he is really helpful! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by HOCL
My experience is that custom WB using a grey card gives better skin tone than using a white card.

The last time, in absence of a grey card, I setup custom WB using the grey surface of a Sitoca computer table and the skin tone is fantastic! :bsmilie:
where u guys buy the grey card huh? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.