Fuji 10-24 vs Touit 12

noelmac

May 13, 2008
Bedok
With the arrival of my twin Touit lens(12 &32). Is it time to let go of my 2 month old Fuji 10-24? Anybody have both and keep them or letting go of the other, which one is it, Fuji or Touit?

Thanks for the inputs.

before u buy the 12mm..what do u shoot more with the 10-24mm?
If mainly outdoor and landscape, I will keep the 10-24mm..But if due to cost saving due to the 12mm+32mm sale (and never really extend to beyond 15-24mm) and you like the wide aperture 2.8 .I will sell the 10-24mm and keep the 12mm + 32mmf1.8.
But that my opinion:)

f2.8 good for indoor shooting but 1024 is wider for scape

f2.8 good for indoor shooting but 1024 is wider for scape

Agree with you.
If TS tend to shoot landscape between 10-12mm range, keep the 10-24.
For me, after a few outing I'm still not used to the FOV at 10mm and decided to sell the 10-24

Personally I'd prefer having a zoom for wide angles as there are some places you just cant move back. Though this really applies only in cases where the zoom lens being used to compare against the prime is close enough in quality.

I would think the 10-24 should be good enough, and with the zoom capability plus 10-11mm, it should be a fairly simple decision

Equivalent of FX 15mm to 18mm, the difference in FoV is very significant.

Having a zoom and not having to change lens for landscape is really invaluable when on the move or when shooting in good light in the outdoors. So it depends on how wide one is shooting or is used to shooting as FoV below 18mm is not easy to apply.

I do say if cash flow is not a concern, keep both since you already paid for them and can only sell at a lost.

Last edited:
If I'm in your shoes, I would take the 12mm. I would take the F2.8 over the 3mm focal length difference.

Maybe you can take a step back and think it from another view.

IF... you have not buy these 2 lenses, they are both FREE (well basically same because of the promo), and they are sitting in front of you RIGHT NOW and you can choose only 1, which one would you choose? Ask yourself why you choose it instead of the other one, then you will have your answer.

OR...

You can put both to the B&S at the same time, and see which one got picked up first, then you keep the other one ;p

Thanks for the interesting inputs. Well, im thinking of keeping them right now. Each have it's own purpose and usage. Will try to see which i will utilse more.

i addicted to prime lens le hah... just use shutterspd n ap to control