Fuel Consumption???

Status
Not open for further replies.

redman2

May 20, 2003
East
redman2.multiply.com
hi

hows the fuel consumption of hyundai matrix 1.6 auto and getz 1.3 auto? anyone with any experience with this two cars? which one better in terms of value for money. pls advise... thks.

matrix is getting about 10km/l
getz about 12km/l

err...value for money?
for 2 person car, getz is better. for family car, matrix is better

yah... getz like a bit small. but very cute, looks a bit like honda jazz/fit. thks for the info too. are u driving any of this mentioned cars? hows the fuel consumption of toyota? korea cars very much cheaper leh.

Originally posted by sulhan
Hieee......

For the bang for the bucks!!!!!....Atoz is about.....15Km/l

regards,
me

from the looks, atoz like very small, any time can topple. haha.

Originally posted by redman2
yah... getz like a bit small. but very cute, looks a bit like honda jazz/fit. thks for the info too. are u driving any of this mentioned cars? hows the fuel consumption of toyota? korea cars very much cheaper leh.

toyota corrolla & vios consumption is about 14-15km/l
honda civic (the 1.5L version) is also about 14-15km/l

I think this depends a lot on your driving habits.
- whether you drive on expressway or city area with lotsa traffic lights
- whether you accelerate & decelerate gradually or abruptly
- whether you pump your tyres to the optimal pressure
- whether you drive with air-con on or off
- etc.

wow... looks like toyota n honda out performs hyundai in terms of fuel consumption. any recommendations? buy cheaper new korea car, then pay more for fuel... or buy still expensive 2nd hand japan car then pay less on fuel... or buy more expensive new japan car, then pay less on fuel?

Originally posted by Astin
I think this depends a lot on your driving habits.
- whether you drive on expressway or city area with lotsa traffic lights
- whether you accelerate & decelerate gradually or abruptly
- whether you pump your tyres to the optimal pressure
- whether you drive with air-con on or off
- etc.

but on average, can i say japan cars performs better on fuel consumption?

me would rather op for cheaper car pay more fuel.
overall it's still cheaper than a expensive car.

but on average, can i say japan cars performs better on fuel consumption?

definitely. mainly becoz
1. car is lighter
2. more advance engine technology

Originally posted by sfhuang
my corolla (A) has consistent fuel mileage of more than 13 km/l.

i'm new to cars... so how much $ per litre? usually per refill full tank spend how much? ;)

i'm new to cars... so how much $ per litre? usually per refill full tank spend how much? ;)

current fuel price is roughly
$1.216 per litre for 95 octane
$1.263 per litre for 98 octane

(PS. above wht i remember, but hardly notice during top-up of petrol ;p )

per tank, u go calculate lor... most cars hv fuel tank about 50L. But usually the full-tank is about 40L. coz at 40L, your tank will indicate empty liao.

Originally posted by sfhuang
my corolla (A) has consistent fuel mileage of more than 13 km/l.

yar, corolla is amazingly fuel-efficient. tht's why so many singaporeans loves it. good look, big car, fuel efficient at *only* 70k + :D

Anybody drives a Kia Carens or knows its fuel consumption?

Nice figures to look at, but totally misleading if you just put some meaningless numbers up like that without explaining the type of driving conditions and driving habits.

Fuel consumption can vary a lot if you do a lot of start stop driving, as compared to free flowing highway driving. There is no way you will get anything like 14-15km/litre if you do peak hour traffic to and fro from the city in our traffic lights and detour ridden roads, and you will be lucky if you can get 9-10km/litre. Even highway driving in peak hours can be much more fuel efficient over time.

hmm... true. but the nature of my work requires me to travel outside city, my workplace outside city... and my house too. so can i say i'm on the safe side of the equation? hehe. goes to town to get personal stuff most of the time, seldom due to work.

Originally posted by Parchiao
Nice figures to look at, but totally misleading if you just put some meaningless numbers up like that without explaining the type of driving conditions and driving habits.

Fuel consumption can vary a lot if you do a lot of start stop driving, as compared to free flowing highway driving. There is no way you will get anything like 14-15km/litre if you do peak hour traffic to and fro from the city in our traffic lights and detour ridden roads, and you will be lucky if you can get 9-10km/litre. Even highway driving in peak hours can be much more fuel efficient over time.

I think redman2 only wants a rough idea & comparison btw cars of different makers. Hence, we need not go into specifics here.

redman2:
if you're thinking wht car to buy (ie cheaper korean or more ex japan)
in general, talking about same market segment (1.5L segment), korean car is about 10k cheaper. but it generally hv:-
1. higher fuel consumption
2. prestige factor is sorely missing :p
3. Interior build and finishing not as good
4. generally tot to be of lower reliability
5. and lower resale value

but there is one japan car whose fuel consumption is pretty "high" (compared to corolla)
tht's Nissan Sunny.

Originally posted by Sony717
me would rather op for cheaper car pay more fuel.
overall it's still cheaper than a expensive car.

actually I used to think like you, and owned a Korean car previously. I regretted after driving it about 2 yrs when the air-con compressor spoilt, the car alarm system go 'siao', and I ended up paying MORE with repair costs and super high depreciation that hurt my pocket. So I took the bitter medicine and sold the car away at a loss. On hindsight I would have done better to get a slightly more expensive car than go through all this.

just sharing my experience, fellow korean car owners don't flame me hor. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.