Ftm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReSpawN

Jun 15, 2004
Tam pines
Q: What is FTM ?

A: FTM (=Full-Time Manual) allows you to focus manually despite activated AF! This allows you to do some fine-tuning or to change the focus plane completely. Obviously this does only make sense when shooting in "One-Shot" AF-mode (camera stops AF once a focus is achieved)..

I've tried the 17-40 ( Ring USM ) , and I found I'm able to turn the focus ring even in AF as compare to the 75-300 ( Micro-USM ). My Question is whether this FTM function will damage the USM and does any L Lenses owner actually turn the focus ring in AF?? :dunno:

certain USM lens allows you to FTM, i'm sure 17-40 is able to do this, my 17-35 is able to FTM after i half press my shutter to lock focus, same as my 28-135

wun damage. it's designed to work this way

ReSpawN said:
Q: What is FTM ?

A: FTM (=Full-Time Manual) allows you to focus manually despite activated AF! This allows you to do some fine-tuning or to change the focus plane completely. Obviously this does only make sense when shooting in "One-Shot" AF-mode (camera stops AF once a focus is achieved)..

I saw this exact quote in the website you posted :)
Thanks for the website, it's very informative :)

Alternatively, you can set AF to the exposure compensation lock and the shutter button becomes exposure compensation lock.

I do this on mine so that I can AF and MF at the same time. Safter for the USM motor to prevent it from being damaged if it is caused by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.