FS: Original Canon Remote Controller for 300D/EOS50/50E/30/33 - $18ea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've received a few cancellation of the remote due to the following reasons:
i. Because the remote control works only Line of Sight.
ii. Because there is a 2-sec delay for the shutter to release.

Hope there is no offense, but I personally find such reasons lame ;(

All IR remote controllers works Line of Sight, be it camera (regardless of brand), TV, Air-con, etc. Unless there is a radio control :blah:

As for the 2-sec delay, this is a feature that built with Canon 300D and not due to my remote control!!! Even the original RC-1 remote that is recommended by Canon also faced with a 2-sec delay. :blah:

In all cases, do please check your manuals properly and think before you placed a interest here in getting the remote. Frankly speaking I actually took out 100pcs specially for the canon Csers here and the rest if for export to shops and overseas. So do understand my plight here as I'm actually doing a kind service for the Canon Communities here. For info the RC-1 is selling at the shops for $40-$50 each, so if you think the RC-1 is more suitable, go and get it. It is fine with me as I don't make a lot for selling $18 here. :what:

The remote works great with my 300D! :D

Although the only grouse I had was that I have to turn my hand forward or turn my head forward to ensure that I get a proper aiming to the IR receiver on the handgrip of my 300D. The 2sec delay dun affect me much since I'm such a slow coach anyway. :D

Other then that, I thought its great. Thnx man!

P/S: If got lobang for wired remote control for 300D, dun forget us! ;)

Got mine from you yesterday, it works nothing but great! :) Thanks!

However, if I am not wrong, RC-1 does provide instant shutter release, as from the description on B&H website. It also can provide bulb shutter function.

"This is a miniature infrared transmitter, handy for taking pictures of subjects that are difficult to approach, or to minimize vibration for close-ups and time exposure. It operates at ranges up to 16.4 ft./5m, and may be set for either instant shutter release or 2-sec. delay. It may also be used to activate mirror lock and bulb shutter function."

However, these features are not important to me, so that I happily paid $18 for the simpler and smaller version.

sykestang said:

All IR remote controllers works Line of Sight, be it camera (regardless of brand), TV, Air-con, etc. Unless there is a radio control :blah:

As for the 2-sec delay, this is a feature that built with Canon 300D and not due to my remote control!!! Even the original RC-1 remote that is recommended by Canon also faced with a 2-sec delay. :blah:

In all cases, do please check your manuals properly and think before you placed a interest here in getting the remote. Frankly speaking I actually took out 100pcs specially for the canon Csers here and the rest if for export to shops and overseas. So do understand my plight here as I'm actually doing a kind service for the Canon Communities here. For info the RC-1 is selling at the shops for $40-$50 each, so if you think the RC-1 is more suitable, go and get it. It is fine with me as I don't make a lot for selling $18 here. :what:

sykestang said:

ah... people, dun give sykestang a hard time leh...

btw, as far as i know from canon's website, there is no radio remote. unless there are third party equipment out there... so, pls lah. RTFM....

(b) triggering from behind - i dun know wat simtk meant when he triggered from behind. could have bounced off some reflective surface. not sure. :dunno: one thing for sure, the IR receiver is in front. so, it shld work best LOS.[/QUOTE]

"triggering at angle, from behind and hand above the camera works fine"

sorry for misunderstanding caused.
RC is emitting infrared rays of light, so must connect to the IR receiver that is in front of camera. No attennae like handphone using radio waves. what i am happy is it will trigger when RC is held at an acute angle above the camera and need not be directly in front of IR receiver.
I was standing behind the camera but my hand is still in front of it but still behind the lens. Hope this helps. Me still a newbie and not too familiar with equipments.

thanks sykestang once more for taking the trouble to org this MO. would utilise it to its fullest.

hope that u would bring more interesting stuff to us at great prices!

sykestang said:
Frankly speaking I actually took out 100pcs specially for the canon Csers here and the rest if for export to shops and overseas. So do understand my plight here as I'm actually doing a kind service for the Canon Communities here. For info the RC-1 is selling at the shops for $40-$50 each, so if you think the RC-1 is more suitable, go and get it. It is fine with me as I don't make a lot for selling $18 here. :what:

OT: See lah, help Canon users, this is what you get in return. :blah:

espn said:
OT: See lah, help Canon users, this is what you get in return. :blah:

hey... dats a cheap shot below the belt! i'm sure there are many others who spoil mkt, canon users or otherwise.... :nono:

Hi,

Is there any of these left? Am I too late to secure one from you?? Thanks!

Regards,
JK

Just got a 300D. Interested in one. Am I too late?

Status
Not open for further replies.