Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneofakind

Oct 2, 2006
Dear guys,

Need some honest feedback on the following photos. These photos are meant to portray the frustration of students, causing them to let go of all their work and relieve their stress (depicted by the throwing of papers).

2499027616_2f65ba20d1_o.jpg

Would be good if I could get comments on if the pictures fit the mood/theme I'm trying to portray, and how I could further improve on it, be it composition, lighting etc. Thanks!

the last pics, seems that he is very happy. why not try to have his head on the table and his hands on his head. with the paper throwing effect. :)

please note that critique corner is for one photograph at any time. :)

Yeap. Suggest TS to edit and keep the third 3rd shot.

What's with the top left corner of the first shot? Curtain?

Both 1st and 2nd shot don't seems very to suit the title well.

1st shot, the surroundings are too dark to see that it is a classroom.

2nd shot wise, the structure across the left makes me tot he was sitting in front of a piano for a moment. And the subject is too "centered" i feel.

For the 3rd shot, it brings out the subject as a student cos of all the tables and chairs in a classroom. However, would prefer a wider shot. :)

the last pics, seems that he is very happy. why not try to have his head on the table and his hands on his head. with the paper throwing effect. :)

thanks for that prompt critique! yup i think thats a good suggestion, I'll try it out soon. but how to have the paper throwing effect without him throwing then? :think:

oops. sorry about that night86mare. didnt realise its one photograph at a time, maybe too used to posting at the other galleries. could i just make an exception this time, since yapster has commented on all 3? dont want to confuse the rest who are going to critique. thanks :)

Yeap. Suggest TS to edit and keep the third 3rd shot.

What's with the top left corner of the first shot? Curtain?

Both 1st and 2nd shot don't seems very to suit the title well.

1st shot, the surroundings are too dark to see that it is a classroom.

2nd shot wise, the structure across the left makes me tot he was sitting in front of a piano for a moment. And the subject is too "centered" i feel.

For the 3rd shot, it brings out the subject as a student cos of all the tables and chairs in a classroom. However, would prefer a wider shot. :)

thanks yapster for your prompt critique. for the first 2 shots, I tried to frame it among the tables and chairs, so all the structures protruding into the frame is actually the legs of the tables and chairs. from what i have heard so far, the 3rd picture seems to work better. I'll try to improve on it, but i dont have a lens that can go wider than that

i would not know if the mods would let you bend the rules like that. But if i were them, i would not. Else it would be very unfair to others who posted like you, and have their thread closed or pics removed.

Err ya, agree with nigel84. Suggest you keep 1 shot better. If not, your thread will be closed by the mod. Serious. :)

My 2 cents!!,
The overall color of the picture is dark and this is not inline with what you want to portray, joy of students at the completion of exams. Probably you want few benches, and some good lighthing such as the windows with light etc.. and then focus more on the subject...I feel the image here has a lot of negative tones!

His face seems very happy.
What I feel of this photo is indeed not frustration, but relief after finishing exam and throwing all the lecture notes away. I'm kind of like that in my student life so that's what I feel.

hmmm don't really think the title " fustration" best illustrates this image. the guy seems to be smiling? i think

i have the same feeling as the 2 prev comments... the guy seem to be like strike 4D or he found out his wife just got pregnant... he seem jubilant... not frustrated... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.