Status
Not open for further replies.

vonvonz

Feb 15, 2004
Jason's Heart
040724-kiwi2.jpg

040724-lemon1.jpg

040724-starfruit1.jpg

er.. not quite 'today' took them awhile ago... was trying to take some pics of fruits against light. not very creative i guess. ^^; but trying it anyway... still like the effect in the end.

omg, they're amazing.

how'd you make the background so er, how should i put this, "evenly lit"?

Waffle said:
omg, they're amazing.

how'd you make the background so er, how should i put this, "evenly lit"?

thanks all for responding. :) hmm, didn't make extra effort to make the light go evenly lit, probably because the object is small or something. ^^;

The colours rendered are great! :thumbsup: Care to share how to set up the lighting? Is it a light bulb below some transparent glass? :)

knoxknocks said:
pic #1 does it for me!

is it a blue background or post-edited? That's the killer contrast!

the blue background happened when I applied Auto-Level in photoshop, was using white paper for background, it's probably because of the white balance or something. but unexpectly it looks good after auto-level. :)

phantasia said:
The colours rendered are great! :thumbsup: Care to share how to set up the lighting? Is it a light bulb below some transparent glass? :)

no transparent glass used, i just let the slice stand vertical against the light. :)

zha said:
I can imagine these photos on those glossy magazine covers.

:thumbsup:

Thank you. *bow*

vonvonz said:
the blue background happened when I applied Auto-Level in photoshop, was using white paper for background, it's probably because of the white balance or something. but unexpectly it looks good after auto-level. :)

no transparent glass used, i just let the slice stand vertical against the light. :)

Thank you. *bow*

you have stunning images. but some of the essense is lost when you explain how you achieve it though... i am one who doesnt care how a image is produced... digitally or what not. a great image is a great image... keep it up.

they really are great images. i really wanna know which camera u used for this. is it compact or DSLR :D.

Nice images...

And to answer adityo 83, it is dslr as he mentioned he auto-level the pics...

1 qn though, how can the background change from white to blue if he applys auto-level? :dunno:

showtime said:
you have stunning images. but some of the essense is lost when you explain how you achieve it though... i am one who doesnt care how a image is produced... digitally or what not. a great image is a great image... keep it up.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

adityo83 said:
they really are great images. i really wanna know which camera u used for this. is it compact or DSLR :D.

I was using Canon Powershot A80 and some closeup filters for these shots.

nemesis32 said:
Nice images...

And to answer adityo 83, it is dslr as he mentioned he auto-level the pics...

1 qn though, how can the background change from white to blue if he applys auto-level? :dunno:

Not using dslr. :) A80.

My guess would be that the light that shine on the white paper actually make it blueish and maybe photoshop adjusted it towards the blue side, it became blue instead of grey or something. i'm not expert with photoshop or colors studies... that's just my guess. :dunno:

Very cool shots :D

I like it. Great job. Nice colors and lighting. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.