Frozen Ripples

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Jan 17, 2002
Snoopyland
Nikon F5 with AFD28-105, Fuji Superia 100. Color balance slightly adjusted to give it a blue hue. Taken at a frozen stream in a cold morning near Zatwa La camp, Mera Peak, Nepal. The stream was formed by water from melting snow from the previous day. And yes, there is a tiny snow bug at the center, but it's just for spicying up the pic... :)

aad.jpg

very nice frozen ripples you got there..
hope u can give some advice on the camera settings and etc to take such pic :)

ah hao

Thanks Wildfox.

I've got one problem though - this shot was taken on film and I didn't write down the settings... paiseh...

nice! but why film and not slide?

Didn't you shoot digital with your S2 Pro when you were there in Nepal?

When did you go and what season was that?

Originally posted by jasphotography
nice! but why film and not slide?

Didn't you shoot digital with your S2 Pro when you were there in Nepal?

When did you go and what season was that?

Oh... didn't shoot slides because I want to have some prints this time. And S2 pro won't make it as the trek was 16 days in the mountain and I do not wish to lug along tonnes of batteries...

It was Mera Peak in Nepal, and it's spring. The weather was *very* bad - it was snowing most of the time, and we almost lost our way on the glacier when moving from base camp to high camp due to white out from a snow storm.

Oh ya, and we met the NUS team on the mountain. Their group leader, Kim Boon, is someone I know. It was great seeing them there. :)

Originally posted by ziploc
Oh... didn't shoot slides because I want to have some prints this time. And S2 pro won't make it as the trek was 16 days in the mountain and I do not wish to lug along tonnes of batteries...

It was Mera Peak in Nepal, and it's spring. The weather was *very* bad - it was snowing most of the time, and we almost lost our way on the glacier when moving from base camp to high camp due to white out from a snow storm.

Oh ya, and we met the NUS team on the mountain. Their group leader, Kim Boon, is someone I know. It was great seeing them there. :)

ya, I thought so too that S2 Pro won't survive in that hard beating weather condition. A manual camera would be very handy, light in weight, low or no batteries consumption.

But then again.... F5 in Nepal??? You actually brought the "beast" there??? :D It must be hard on you physically!

Which month of the year is spring in Nepal? Which season/month you reckon is better for photography? I actually prefer autumn to winter period ... :)

Ya the F5 is heavy, but since bulk of the loads are carried by porters, well.... :D

Spring in Nepal is around March-April. Summer is monsoon season so nobody treks during that time. Best trekking season is either spring or autumn. You probably won't want to go during winter as there will be heavy (and deep) snow. As of which season is best for photography... no idea, but take your pick: spring or autumn. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.