Not open for further replies.

drama

Dec 1, 2006
344349915_d22e5ba006_b.jpg

I loved this shot,the moment I took it
Felt there was a ton of promise but it really doesnt deliver
C & C please

Underexposed and over-sharpened...

Also, shooting against a gray sky makes it look boring.

You are right with the not delivering part, and you were mistaken with the tone of promise part. The grey sky is a problem. The small size of the birds another. Not sure how fast your shutter speed was, but apparently not sufficinet to stop the motion.

But nice try, however, still, trash can material.

hmmm... harsh comments I should say.

While I don't disagree to the viewpoints of rashkae and deadpoet, I do believe that the pic's potential can come out screaming through creative touches, despite its unaspiring raw form.

Drama, why not consider cropping it to get better a more soothing perspective, before applying certain artistical effects to it? The latter can mask the boring background as well as the blurry image of the birds. Thats what I would have done to this pic.

Let your imagination take over ya...:D

i think the grey background is fine.

it is the grouping of the birds - they are scattered in a non-too-pleasing way ie. compositionally flawed. bad sharpening, lighting and motion blur relegate this shot to the digital bin.

Thanks guys for the critiques

The sky was gray & I decided to leave it that
As far as composition goes, this was a snap shot
Dont know how I can improve on that

I am going to go with lekech on this & go creative :)
Have some ideas now, will work on it

i dont think creativity can really salvage the photo. There is just too much wrong with it.
> the grey background: its boring, there is no reference point
> grouping and size of the birds: they are too small to have any detail but too large to create the swarm feeling. If you would have one or two birds filling the frame it would be ok, or lets say 10-20 in a group that takes off... but like this its neither nor.
> 99% of the pixels are conentrated in a very narrow band. There is no white, there is no black, in other words no contrast

i would go with Deadpoet: Trash Can and try again.

this shot no doubt hard to salvage, but just imagine if the birds were the creatures from lord of the rings (return of the king).

then it will be absolutely fantabuloustic.cos the mood is there, the color is there.(low key)

;)

this shot no doubt hard to salvage, but just imagine if the birds were the creatures from lord of the rings (return of the king).

then it will be absolutely fantabuloustic.cos the mood is there, the color is there.(low key)

;)

And the platemail armor? :D

Which one of them stole the ring? :eek:

To me, the shot works.

However, it would be better if you had framed the shot a little bit lower to show some height.

Did you shoot this in the evening?

jeanie
thanks

Agape

I see your point
More height & free space would have been good
I could have left out the bottom most bird
Yes, I did take the shot in the evening

Does this work?

361306608_438fc2f21e_o.jpg

The framing of the second version works better for me, but still, too dark, lack of detail, flat, and uninspiring.

One thing I like though, is the feeling of the birds flying out of the scene/picture.

The second one is MUCH better. Add a nice white frame to extend both sides (and for image title/photographer name) and it's good to go. ;)

Thanks guys :)
Glad you like this version better

Its a bit noisy
So I de noised it in the first edit, thus losing details

jeanie
thanks

Agape

I see your point
More height & free space would have been good
I could have left out the bottom most bird
Yes, I did take the shot in the evening

Does this work?

361306608_438fc2f21e_o.jpg

Much better than the first. Seems to be a pattern/formation now. Sky's still too dim and boring for my liking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.