Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2005
A first-timer here. New to DSLR. Looking forward to constuctive critiques.

This shot is taken right in front of my apartment here in a small town in Bavaria.

Have been waiting for the snow but still no luck...

Thanks in advance.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Welcome to this forum ethanethan!

Well if I were you, I would stop down your aperture further to get everything in focus since it is a landscape shot. This picture has nice leading lines all the way to the house at the center aided by the fence but unfortunately when the viewers eyes reach there, it becomes OOF.

Also do bear in mind that when taking snow you gotta over expose your pics a few stops (if i rem it right) else white will not be white.

My 2 cents

Welcome to this forum ethanethan!

Well if I were you, I would stop down your aperture further to get everything in focus since it is a landscape shot. This picture has nice leading lines all the way to the house at the center aided by the fence but unfortunately when the viewers eyes reach there, it becomes OOF.

Also do bear in mind that when taking snow you gotta over expose your pics a few stops (if i rem it right) else white will not be white.

My 2 cents
i agree with this, my attention was drawn to the house/ barn in the bg because its brighter and more colourful but became a pain because of the shallow dof. and try shooting this in landscape orientation too.

Jan 3, 2005
Thanks for the inputs, mates.

Ermm... I'll try again if there's frost/snow. :)

Jesmun18

Dec 20, 2005
haha... if i didn't saw your title.. i will keep guessing what kind of plant is that..

SnapJaX

Aug 13, 2006
Bukit Batok
www.flickr.com
going for a lower angle might help plus landscape, just shoot both landscape and portrait just to be sure... ^^

happy shooting ^^

lastboltnut

Mar 23, 2006
Where the wind blows...
What metering mode you using? I know that we have to up 2-3 stops for Snow when using spot/center weighted metering, but not sure about matrix metering....can you help to do an experiment? Can do this is Singapore....doesn't snow here....TIA:)

Thanks for the inputs, mates.

Ermm... I'll try again if there's frost/snow. :)

Jan 3, 2005
Will probably give it another try this evening. It snows yesterday, yeah.. and... :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom