frontier labs and adobe RGB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitrile

May 25, 2004
East, Singapore
i work totally in adobe rgb for post processing and i would like to know if frontier labs can handle the adobe rgb or do i have to convert to srgb before i send my pictures for printing?

Nitrile

May 25, 2004
East, Singapore
ckiang said:
Nope. Frontiers doesn't do AdobeRGB, in fact they have a smaller gamut than Adobe RGB.

Regards
CK
so i should convert to sRGB before sending them for printing? or just leave them in aRGB?

linse

May 24, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Nitrile said:
so i should convert to sRGB before sending them for printing? or just leave them in aRGB?
If you send them as Adobe RGB, the colours will be muted.

madmacs

Dec 13, 2002
madmacs.multiply.com
try getting the fuji frontier icc profile and use that to soft proof in ps.

Nitrile

May 25, 2004
East, Singapore
madmacs said:
try getting the fuji frontier icc profile and use that to soft proof in ps.
done that. but i think i'll play it safe and batch convert all to sRGB before sending to the lab. thanks.

Azure

Deregistered
Mar 16, 2003
ClubSNAP community
www.clubsnap.org
pureflow said:
actually get the profile from the LAB... frontier has even smaller gamut than sRGB. I have ever pushed Frontier to extreme until 70% of the image is out of gamut range.. :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: then the out of gamut range came out almost only 1 tone of color. almost like the image converted to 4bit file. I nearly flipped when I saw the photo.
Yes, that does happen. But not just with Frontiers, I believe ALL digital labs are like that. Have had similar experiences with Kodak (Noritsus) and Agfa (D-lab2) and the Konica (QD21) ones before.
Give and take a bit lor.

Status
Not open for further replies.