Front Line - Made in Singapore show


Status
Not open for further replies.

Zplus

Senior Member
Mar 16, 2002
2,397
0
0
19
Some equitorial, tropical isle
#1
Watching this show and was roflmao when they showed the bomb disposal sequence. They had a block of "plastic explosive" hooked to an intel motherboard BUT the power supply was unattatched!!! Also the detenator cord was just plugged into the plastic and I was wondering why the hack he needed to cut the cable before pulling out the detenator.... there was no failsafe. SOme dumb terrorist... or should I say crap director with no attention to details. Damn!
:mad2:

A pity becoz the film quality was quite nice... movie like.

:D
 

finkster

New Member
Feb 12, 2003
665
0
0
SG
Visit site
#3
What did the bomb itself comprise of?

Bomb disposal with a block of PE and det cord? Hmmm.....

How was the bomb supposed to be triggered? By turning on the pc?
 

Zplus

Senior Member
Mar 16, 2002
2,397
0
0
19
Some equitorial, tropical isle
#4
As far as I can see on TV, an Intel board, a cheap digital clock, a block of plastic, detenator embedded into it, an an antenna stuck somewhere. I guess they could not decide to detonate it remotely or to use a timer. It was supposed to be a live bomb and the bomb disposal guy clipped one of the wire of the detonator and pulled it out of the plastic... duh!
:bigeyes:
 

finkster

New Member
Feb 12, 2003
665
0
0
SG
Visit site
#5
Hor... IC. So the PE & det cord is the bomb lah. Not the disposal kit the guy used...

Maybe supposed to be remotely triggered, but if that method fails, then the timer would take care of the job. :devil:

Very basic set-up... the kind of info the director or prop manager probably got from the internet.
 

Zplus

Senior Member
Mar 16, 2002
2,397
0
0
19
Some equitorial, tropical isle
#6
Probably... somemore support from mindef I think. I thought they could at least get something to "look" like a bomb. Oh well, too much hope for Singapore TV. Heh!

At least don't show the setup so closely if they cannot get it to look right.
:D
 

finkster

New Member
Feb 12, 2003
665
0
0
SG
Visit site
#7
But the idea is pretty good, to put a bomb in the casing of a pc. There's sufficient space in the casing. Bypass the power button to a battery, then to the triggering device. The victim would just press the button when he wants to turn the pc on.

A small amount of PE would needed. The assorted jagged metal parts from the casing, plus a blown out monitor, will provide sufficient fragments to..... er.... hem.....:devil: :devil:
 

ninelives

Senior Member
Jan 16, 2002
3,248
3
38
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
#8
Originally posted by Zplus
Watching this show and was roflmao when they showed the bomb disposal sequence. They had a block of "plastic explosive" hooked to an intel motherboard BUT the power supply was unattatched!!! Also the detenator cord was just plugged into the plastic and I was wondering why the hack he needed to cut the cable before pulling out the detenator.... there was no failsafe. SOme dumb terrorist... or should I say crap director with no attention to details. Damn!
:mad2:

wow, u are an expert. :thumbsup: not many people know how to make leh. probably 1/100,000,000 people. man, you are dangerous, better keep away from u. :dent:
 

Jer76

Senior Member
Apr 21, 2002
1,049
0
36
West
#9
Yikes seems like there's alot of bomb experts here :D
 

jasonwcs

New Member
Jun 30, 2003
235
0
0
Sg/HG
Visit site
#11
Hi,
Not that we know that it's a bomb, but the problem is that, once I saw the yellow plastic thing, and look carfully, Hey, it's a typical PC motherboard!!!, R u sure that we can built a bomb with it??But it's still a good show compare to the past, there is still room to improve.. ...
Cheers
 

P

Pegasus

Guest
#12
Originally posted by jasonwcs
Hi,
Not that we know that it's a bomb, but the problem is that, once I saw the yellow plastic thing, and look carfully, Hey, it's a typical PC motherboard!!!, R u sure that we can built a bomb with it??But it's still a good show compare to the past, there is still room to improve.. ...
Cheers
Try watch VR Man starring James Lye in a rubber "condom", oophs, I mean, rubber suit, and you will know that Singapore TV has improved quite abit.
 

Clown

Moderator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
3,780
1
38
Singapore
#13
yea.. VR man was the lowest point in the international history of television drama serials.:ipuke:
 

chaotic

New Member
Feb 14, 2002
697
0
0
39
#14
where can I watch it now? I feel like watching what's bad to appreciate the good. :D
 

Zplus

Senior Member
Mar 16, 2002
2,397
0
0
19
Some equitorial, tropical isle
#15
hahaha! yea VR man was the worst! Its even lousier than Green Hornet.... At least got nice co-star...

:D

chaotic>> Next sunday still got. I am watching it coz the bloopers are funny.... btw the film quality (color and shots) are quite good... almost movie like. So quite a waste.
;)
 

sequitur

Senior Member
Apr 17, 2003
3,267
0
0
flickr.com
#16
lol

a post i made a few days ago about movie like pictures on a digicam

anyway

aiyah.. don't point out their faults lah i mean


i mean even matchsticks can make bomb
i'm sure somebody can do something with an intel motherboard with no power :p :D
 

Winston

New Member
May 11, 2003
638
0
0
Visit site
#17
Originally posted by Jer76
Yikes seems like there's alot of bomb experts here :D
Any ammo Technicans from SAF Ammo Base are trained in Ammo Disposal, will know how to rig up a basic bomb with the right items, like P.E, denotaor, fuze..etc
Naval Divers from NDU are probably trained too, to dentoate mines and live naval ammo in the sea bed.

I think the show did not show details, even though SAF was involved, because they do not want to educate the public how to setup a bomb and the motherboard was to impress the majority people who have no idea how a bomb is setup.

And they go, whoa....

I think if I am the person setting up the bomb, I won't be so dumb to rig it such that a simple cutting of the wire will disable it.

99% of all bomb disposal shows on TV, show the EOD officer, sweating and deciding to cut which wire and when it is cut, the timer stops.

So lame...

This show is to win public confidence in the SAF and the ISD and convincing them the Singapore Government is ready to fight terrorism.

So they protray the SAF like very smart and the terrorists like dumb ass.
 

Winston

New Member
May 11, 2003
638
0
0
Visit site
#18
Originally posted by Pegasus
Try watch VR Man starring James Lye in a rubber "condom", oophs, I mean, rubber suit, and you will know that Singapore TV has improved quite abit.
I thought "Masters of the Sea" was the first English local drama series and it was the crappiest show. Can't remember which year it was filmed.

Anyway, did not watch it. Acting was lousy and storyline was crap.
 

P

Pegasus

Guest
#19
Originally posted by Winston
I thought "Masters of the Sea" was the first English local drama series and it was the crappiest show. Can't remember which year it was filmed.

Anyway, did not watch it. Acting was lousy and storyline was crap.
Yes, I still remember "Master of the Sea" with Margaret (don't remember surname) .. The show was equally bad..:eek:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom