front focusing? HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlim

Nov 3, 2004
Can anyone tell me if this is front focusing?
Camera setup: D200 w 50mm f/1.8 lens on tripod with focus locked on the letter "B"(center of pic).
Confirm "B" in focus as seem thru viewfinder!

1. Taken @f/1.8
DSC1406.jpg

2. Taken @ f/2.8
DSC1407.jpg

3. Taken @ f/4
DSC1408.jpg

4. Taken @ f/5.6
DSC1409.jpg

Seems like @f5.6, the letter "B" then comes into focus...
Can some1 enlighten...

This isn't a good test. The focus point sensor is much larger than the 'B' and I would think that it could easily have focused on any of the letters within the sensor area, but most probably the ones in front.

If you want to do a focus test, you can perhaps do a search for D70 focus test chart and you'll be able to find a site with a downloadable focus test chart

This isn't a good test. The focus point sensor is much larger than the 'B' and I would think that it could easily have focused on any of the letters within the sensor area, but most probably the ones in front.

If you want to do a focus test, you can perhaps do a search for D70 focus test chart and you'll be able to find a site with a downloadable focus test chart

This is a cropped image already.
Focus point is directly on the letter "B" like this ==> [B]

I cropped it to show the image more obvious, else it'll be too small...

This is a cropped image already.
Focus point is directly on the letter "B" like this ==> [B]

I cropped it to show the image more obvious, else it'll be too small...

The letter "B" is already too small to be the only letter inside the focus point in the above images - if they are cropped images, then the "B" is even smaller.

Also, take note that the focus sensor area is larger than that indicated on the focus brackets in the viewfinder.

Btw, did you use closest subject focusing priority? If so, this may void this test

Status
Not open for further replies.