From where and how can I find paid photoshoots?

Venice

May 21, 2013
Singapore
not sure if this is a good place to ask this question. hoping for serious advice here.

i am looking at whether i can explore this as an additional source of income opportunity, as this is one of the things that i can do on freelance basis while i am working. i don't really have modelling experience, and i know this is probably going to be a disadvantage for me. nevertheless, i am open to trying if deemed suitable.

Just set up something here and see how it goes. Many examples there.

No comments on whether you can earn, everyone is different.

hey thanks, i have seen that sub forum. i am just wondering if it will help, as i do not have a portfolio and do not wish to upload personal photos of myself on forums.

hey thanks, i have seen that sub forum. i am just wondering if it will help, as i do not have a portfolio and do not wish to upload personal photos of myself on forums.

Then you can only hope someone is willing to do a TFCD for you on "blind faith" that you have even basic model qualities. If you have any pictures of yourself online anywhere, send me a PM and I'll see if I can advise/help.

If you don't have the looks, confidence, etc, then you have bigger issues. Just because someone took pictures of you does not make you a "model". Pray that you have something that will help you stand out from the tens of thousands of XMM wanna-be models.

Then you can only hope someone is willing to do a TFCD for you on "blind faith" that you have even basic model qualities. If you have any pictures of yourself online anywhere, send me a PM and I'll see if I can advise/help.

thanks, i have dropped you a message.

if you are really serious about it, you should network with other models, not to get assignments from them, but to seek advices and supports. model mayhem is a place you can list your profile there.

and paid photoshoot organisers will always looking out for new faces,

some of them will to do test shots with new faces, to get some photos and see if the models are suitable.

some just put new models out for photoshoots in super low rate and hope for the best, everyone seem very happy with such arrangement (FYI, some models are not being paid as this is their very first photo shoot)

btw, beware about who you TFCD with, it is better to spell out everything clearly before you agree with the shoot, there are many photographers very happy to shoot free models, from very experience shooters to newbies with zero portfolio.
so you have to be very selective who you want to work with, else you might be just wasting your time and efforts.

Last edited:
Reply sent. And it's a lot like what bro catchlights just wrote as well LOL

if you are really serious about it, you should network with other models, not to get assignments from them, but to seek advices and supports. model mayhem is a place you can list your profile there.

and [clubsnap.com/forums/photoshoots/paid photoshoot organisers will always looking out for new faces,

some of them will to do test shots with new faces, to get some photos and see if the models are suitable.

some just put new models out for photoshoots in super low rate and hope for the best, everyone seem very happy with such arrangement (FYI, some models are not being paid as this is their very first photo shoot)

btw, beware about who you TFCD with, it is better to spell out everything clearly before you agree with the shoot, there are many photographers very happy to shoot free models, from very experience shooters to newbies with zero portfolio.
so you have to be very selective who you want to work with, else you might be just wasting your time and efforts.

thanks for the advice :) greatly appreciate it.