from under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glam-our

Jun 14, 2008
Singapore
glam-our.deviantart.com
Picture770.jpg

this is a picture taken during our china trip last month. as seen, it is captured at a low angle, with the focus on th shoe and rock. we kind of like this picture as it surfaces the fact that the world today tends to neglect many things. To us, nothing touches off at eye level.
pls comment! thanks.

? us?

i am going to say that the composition fails here, far too much clutter (i know, i keep saying this but it is true for so many shots).. i can think of many ways this shot may work, but not with this angle taken here, and perhaps not with this choice of background.

based on your writeup, as well, i cannot feel what you intend to convey.

sorry but still can't really figure out the picture... the picture is not bad but i don't understand the need to throw in some blood spots.... whats the mood ur trying to convey?
what is it from this picture that the world is neglecting? try again? :)

dun see how the pp relates to what you want to convey with your pic.. other than to severly warp the scene as seen by the eye..

one thing is for sure though.. cropping out the blown skies is a good idea.. =)

No point including the film neg frame, as it is done poorly. How come the picture is also visible in the film sprockets? How come the neg's info says "BW Negative" but it is a colour photo?

Why is the tone warmed up and blood splatter is added. It's not cohesive, at least from my understanding of the photo, which I must say, like the rest, is next to zero. The image must tell the story you are trying to convey. It is *not* okay if no one gets what you are trying to convey. That means you must relook at how you composed it, what elements you included, and yes, how you post-processed it too.

alright thanks for the comment! it's okay that u dont get what iam trying to convey in the picture.

sorry, must have missed your reply

anyways, then i have the question - did you snap the picture with this end result in mind? if you did, then refer to the others' comments.

if not, then you have to think why you are doing this pp even thoguh you did not take the picture with it in mind.

we kind of like this picture as it surfaces the fact that the world today tends to neglect many things. To us, nothing touches off at eye level.

I personally don't get the feel as to how this shot "shows" that "we" tends to neglect many things. So my view are the same as the rest of the fellow CSers above.

Hmm, looking at this pic, i feel maybe you can change the title to

"Back to where I belonged..."

Of course, you may not be from that place. But this shot can come up with a fictional story of someone in the modern days (as portrayed by the Red Converse Canvas shoe) returns to where his ancestors came from (As potrayed by the Old Design Mansion).

The foot stepping on home soil kinda represent the idea.

But you may need to PP a bit to bring out the colours (but of course, if you don't prefer to PP, it's your choice.)

You can also try to PP in such a way that it has an old look.

My 2 cents before i go for meeting to get "bua".;p

Hi glam-our, methink it is definitely a good effort. I will try to explain the story I see in your pic.

It is a good choice to use red shoes cos the colour ties in with the temple's red in the distance. It kinda make me feel that going there is his destiny... the whole image to me is like a journey, that he has to go to the temple (maybe to learn kung-fu?). The rocks in the foreground, to me, represent obstacles that he had faced to reach this point. He is stepping over this row of last obstacle to finally reach his destiny...

Me very drama...

Status
Not open for further replies.