From the ST forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almond

Jun 19, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Was reading the strait's time and this particular message catches my most attention,

from the ST forum

DON"T BOTHER ME, I'M HAPPY TO BE SINGLE

i just want to say that i am very happy to remain single
and am very satisfied with my life now.

i do not need the government to tell me to settle down and have babies. it should have better things to do than interfere in its people's affair.

at my mum's request, i have had to go through the humiliating experience of a matchmaking process. (she's worried about me
being left on the shelf while my siblings set up families of their own).

but some things are not meant to be. it's not my fault for not getting hitched and having a happy family when my male counterparts set such high standards. they want their wife-to-be to be pretty and submisssive.

by HELEN TAY HIANG GEIK

what you guys and gals think of this?
:dunno: :)

i do not need the government to tell me to settle down and have babies. it should have better things to do than interfere in its people's affair.

is this true? the government will come and bug to to get married?

but some things are not meant to be. it's not my fault for not getting hitched and having a happy family when my male counterparts set such high standards. they want their wife-to-be to be pretty and submisssive.

i had always tot that it is the gals that is setting high standards.... so they are facing this attitude from some of the guys too....

Originally posted by Almond
i had always tot that it is the gals that is setting high standards.... so they are facing this attitude from some of the guys too....

Come on lah...not all the gals think like that...I suppose each has a story to tell...;)

I don't really think that the government will go to the extend of bugging people into marriage. They "encourage" people to start a family to be more accurate I think. There is a difference.

As for the other point, well, there's always 2 sides to a fence isn't it?

Originally posted by Bluestrike

well I think she is looking at the wrong places....

There are so many good guys ard here....Like Adam.....
:p

There is always a certain person named Bluestrike... :p :devil:

Never receive SDU letters? I got mine after graduation..given a "one year's free subscription"...:D

Originally posted by Kit

SDU? Single Desperate Unwanted?:D Just a joke in bad taste, no offence to any members here.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Originally posted by Jimmy Liew

Never receive SDU letters? I got mine after graduation..given a "one year's free subscription"...:D

One of my tutors (btw i'm from NTU) said that it's too late to look for a partner when u leave uni for the working world. best time to look for ur partner is during ur uni years.... gee i'm still looking. :D

My toes are laughing from the article in the papers. Why complain when they insist on equality of the sexes and yet they still think men are not sensitive to their needs. Sigh....paradox galore. LOL

also from the Straits Times:

"Some well-educated, financially-independent women faced a psychological barrier about admitting that they want to get hitched, she (Miss Chin Lai Yin, founder of Love Match agency)suggested.

'How to announce to the whole world in a survey that I'm lonely and I need someone?' she said.

....'Have you ever tried living alone and falling ill? And there's nobody to give you medicine? You must be crazy to want to stay single. And every woman has sexual needs.'

con't

so much for that "I'm happy to be single" tune.

Originally posted by mervlam

One of my tutors (btw i'm from NTU) said that it's too late to look for a partner when u leave uni for the working world. best time to look for ur partner is during ur uni years.... gee i'm still looking. :D
yes, he is totally correct, pls do it now, once u step into working environment u will very low chance to get a gf, as most of the girls are attached already (or even married), unless u have a chance to know girls from friends, pub etc...

if u so bad luck till go into kind of my company, u can only face those guys and ask "why no girls in the company...?" :bheart:

just wonder...which is happier?? married or single?? :dunno:

Originally posted by sbs99
My toes are laughing from the article in the papers. Why complain when they insist on equality of the sexes and yet they still think men are not sensitive to their needs. Sigh....paradox galore. LOL

Girls mah, kou shi xin fei.

Status
Not open for further replies.