30192451.jpg

30192452.jpg

The Esplanade and Marina Bay skycrapers

original.jpg

And lastly, pop over to the famous Merlion

30192454.jpg

EOS 30, EF 16-35 except the 1st amphitheater pix with EF 85/1.8, Kodak T400CN

Pic 1-3: Very nice abstract capture of the structure of the amphi-theatre

Pic 4: feels weird looking at this pic in B/W because i know it's supposed to be very colourful, esp at night.

pic 5: Offers a very nice and fresh persepective to the fullerton hotel and the skyscrapers which would otherwise be another common pic. I like the empty space in the pic, good work.

pic 6: Good mix of the structure and skyscrapers

pic 7,8: same weird feeling as mentioned in pic 4. hehe...they deserve some colours.. =p

No offence and keep up the good work! =)

Thanks... they were shot with C41 B&W film. Yes, the colors of the dusk scene is very nice... too bad I did not bring my 1D with me that day... was too lazy.

P.S. Then again, to get some the same scene on my DSLR I shall need something like a 12mm... :(

wow..never thought black and white for esplanade area would turn out to be so nice. shall try it sometime =))

preferred this b/w version of 1-3 to the coloured ones! cos i think the curves, tones and composition are strong and with b/w they stand out more cos no colour distraction.

like the 5th pic!

Hi,

Somehow I perfer your second shot to be flipped vertically. Otherwise, it's a nice series of B&W photos.

Cheers!

UY79 said:
Hi,

Somehow I perfer your second shot to be flipped vertically. Otherwise, it's a nice series of B&W photos.

Cheers!

Thanks... to each his/her own.

Hi oeyvind,
the file size of your images seems so big. I already tried viewing this post for 5 times now but i still cant see it. my ie hangs everytime i load this post :)

Agila said:
Hi oeyvind,
the file size of your images seems so big. I already tried viewing this post for 5 times now but i still cant see it. my ie hangs everytime i load this post :)

HUH??? They are not big at all... anyway, check your PM

Hey think 6 is great! Good use of the wide angle to get a more unconventional view of the esplanade! :thumbsup: Think if can see the couple at the bottom right rather than jus silouhette would be even better. Like if they were looking towards the city. As it is, i think its a great take! :thumbsup: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.