From Digital Camera to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystaek

Dec 15, 2004
i would like to know what kind of methods that people use to transfer taken photos from digital camera to PC/Laptop.

Should i use the given software along with the camera or should i download third party softwares to edit the photos?

Lastly can i just plug the usb connection from the PC to digital camera to transfer the photos or do i have to install the software?

your advices and comments are deeply appreciately.

thanks.

Hmm no hard fast rules dude, really depends on your preference. :)

Personally used to plug the camera to the USB direct and transfer using the provided software.

Nowadays I plug the card into a card reader and transfer using the provided software.

I'm using Nikon View btw.

thanks espn!

If you are a Window XP user, you do not have to install any drivers, just plug in the cable and the pc will detect the camera presence... ;)

Ideally will be using a card reader incase...(touch wood)

satan_18349 said:
If you are a Window XP user, you do not have to install any drivers, just plug in the cable and the pc will detect the camera presence... ;)

Ideally will be using a card reader incase...(touch wood)

nope.. not really all cameras. some older cameras XP wun detect.

I do the same as snowcrash cos my camera only runs usb1.1 copying 100s of mb is just too s-l-o-w for me. I use a USB2.0 reader

I think most people will use those 9-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader. My cam is only USB 1.1!

bloody hell my canon A400 is not detected by my p4 win xp pc...damn

haha i wonder if it's the comp or the camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.