From Canon to Nikon

ballwackers

Apr 19, 2007
Upper Bukit Timah
Maybe i read too much but the Nikon D7000 sounds really good - perhaps better than the Canon 7D / 60D etc. I've read about opinions on each brand but want to ask FORMER Canon users who are NOW Nikon users

- why did you switch
- do you regret it in any way?

thanks everyone,

i almost wanted to switch to canon for the 7D last year.
luckily i didnt. ;)

It's a never ending race. Do you need the features present in the D7000?

We alway feel that better tech or latest will get better photo???

Yeap, it's not gonna end. Each brand will leapfrog one another at different point of time. I believe EOS 40D is capable enough for most needs.

just think of the amount of money you gonna lose ( assuming you did have a number of lens) if you want to sell everything and switch camp, that should make you stop thinking anymore..

Maybe i read too much but the Nikon D7000 sounds really good - perhaps better than the Canon 7D / 60D etc. I've read about opinions on each brand but want to ask FORMER Canon users who are NOW Nikon users

- why did you switch

thanks everyone,

looking from the list of lens on your signature, you'll be quite reckless to switch to nikon, you better off upgrading to 7D, which i think spec and price wise 7D should be above D7000 and i don't think D7000 is a direct competitor to 7D more to 60D

Firstly, D7K is not out yet. Wait to see the real outputs from it before you even think about it. Its not as if you are starting new, in which case you can just buy into a system. The money lost with your current lenses plus the one used to get a D7K can probably get you a 7D.

So what happens if you find out later that god forbid Sony A580 or Pentax K5 is actually better :eek:
Switch again?

Best to stick with your current brand unless you find something that limits your photography.

So what happens if you find out later that god forbid Sony A580 or Pentax K5 is actually better :eek:
Switch again?

Yup exactly. In this instance the moment u jump for the D7K, Canon press release a newer 7D2 with even more oomph how.

Yup exactly. In this instance the moment u jump for the D7K, Canon press release a newer 7D2 with even more oomph how.

simple, jump back loh. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Thanks everyone. Good advice - and my wife will apprecaite it :). I think i was caught up in the 'tech' aspect and not really being realistic.

i wanted to jump shift to Nikon coz of D3s... but its price alone will consume more than half the price of all my canon gear when it was brand new, so no go for me... and besides, only cleaner IQ is the only thing i will gain from it, ill just let my 5D2 die out on me... ;)

If you want to upgrade, switch to D7000, start a new journey. The experience in both Canon and Nikon make you a better informed photographer. ;)

How about getting lenses for both Canon and Nikon? You can switch anytime all the time you like.:bsmilie:

ok. bad idea.

You can't really treat it like changing handphone after every 2 years or getting the latest iphone.
Just stick to one system. Both system are just as capable.
At times and there will always be one that is will be having something just one up from another and it is a non stop competition for being the top.

If possible try borrow or loan from others. It work for me

- why did you switch

thanks everyone,

1) because i wanted.

2) not really but it wasn't needed.

from sony btw.

Lucky you didn't choose your wife the way you choose your camera :bsmilie:
Both Canon and Nikon cameras produce good pictures. And you are the photographer to make this happen.

Thanks everyone. Good advice - and my wife will apprecaite it :). I think i was caught up in the 'tech' aspect and not really being realistic.