Frightening Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwest

Sep 20, 2006
Imagine this scenario: You are lying in bed when you are suddenly woken by someone shouting at the top of their voice outside your front door. You look at the clock and it's 4am. A few seconds later you hear the guy screaming (aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!) again and then you hear him try to get in your door.

You decide to call 999, not knowing who it is or what they want.

How quickly would you expect the police to arrive?

Imagine this scenario: You are lying in bed when you are suddenly woken by someone shouting at the top of their voice outside your front door. You look at the clock and it's 4am. A few seconds later you hear the guy screaming (aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!) again and then you hear him try to get in your door.

You decide to call 999, not knowing who it is or what they want.

How quickly would you expect the police to arrive?

someone might have experienced the same thing on Tekong but they can't call the police. So who you gonna call?!

I hear gals/ladies screams very often here in the forest Mandai, like 10mins from the columbrium. So often, I won't even bother to look because I'd only see nothing. I learn to ignore it, if I'm to call the police, I think they'd arrest me instead of false report

Wow...so did this really happen to you?
What's the outcome of the story ?

Yes this happened this morning. It turned out to be my neighbour who lives upstairs who had come home completely wasted, fell down the stairs and cut his head. I didn't know it was him or that he was injured. All I knew was there was a bloke outside screaming like a Spartan warrior going into battle and trying to get in my door! In between screams he was quietly asking "baby, baby, baby, please let me in, please, please, please, I'm sorry, I'm sorry". Then he would start screaming again and trying the door. Very scary.

After the police turned up and found him, a few minutes later an ambulance arrived. He left quite a mess and is going to have more than a hangover today.

2109988846_0bbfbf451c.jpg

:eek:

Strange, i would have expected him to be crying for help instead.

December period always very exciting wans. :cool:

Yes this happened this morning. It turned out to be my neighbour who lives upstairs who had come home completely wasted, fell down the stairs and cut his head. I didn't know it was him or that he was injured. All I knew was there was a bloke outside screaming like a Spartan warrior going into battle and trying to get in my door! In between screams he was quietly asking "baby, baby, baby, please let me in, please, please, please, I'm sorry, I'm sorry". Then he would start screaming again and trying the door. Very scary.

After the police turned up and found him, a few minutes later an ambulance arrived. He left quite a mess and is going to have more than a hangover today.

Dun think I'll wanna comment.

The situation was pretty grim...but back to my original question. How quickly would you expect the Police to respond to a 999 situation like this?

30 mins?

I am very curious, how long did it actually take?

Depends on when and where, as well as the catagory of direct danger to persons or caller, I'm guessing.

If it's on a PH eve like 24th Dec, 31 Dec etc, can expect to take much longer like 30 minutes? If there's asome major ops nearby and most of the manpower has been deployed, might also take longer.

As mentioned earlier, I think emergency calls are usually classified into different catagories, and the degree or urgency of response will depend on the nature of the call.

If a caller claims that there's a girl screaming downstairs at the park at 2am, and it looks like a bunch of 3 guys were attacking her, or that there's a fight going on at the moment of calling, I would expect a super fast response say within 5 mins, where as in your case, where you were (safely) in your house, it might take a little longer say 5 - 20 mins, but IF you called back stating that you started to detect a very strong kerosene smell coming from outside your door, I think they will respond super urgently and have a CD outrider in tow, or the CD outrider may actually turn up first to assess the situation/crisis management.

Another consideration is the location. If it's a 'famous' location with a penchant for disturbances, they might respond much faster.

How long did it take for the police to arrive at your place this morning?

holy crap! that must have been quite the artery or vein he cut!

The situation was pretty grim...but back to my original question. How quickly would you expect the Police to respond to a 999 situation like this?

depends if you're in a bad neighbourhood. i think being a brit you know this.

I hear gals/ladies screams very often here in the forest Mandai, like 10mins from the columbrium. So often, I won't even bother to look because I'd only see nothing. I learn to ignore it, if I'm to call the police, I think they'd arrest me instead of false report

Hi dennis, i think the screams should be from guys trying to scare the gals on a 'night walk' there? :dunno:

Normal ...

Should have seen the ECP tunnel leading to the now Ski 360 ....

The wall was far worse than this... :rolleyes:

Dried blood stain (seem like someone dragged his head across the wall and smashed it against something)...

Now already it has been cleaned up. Everytime I cycle pass that wall... :sweat:

washay your block happening. Those older neighbourhoods with lots of uncles drinking at kopitiam nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.