Jun 8, 2004
P5090404.jpg

Olympus C5000Z
Melbourne, Australia
Resized
Contrast & level adjusted

Thanx for viewing

Yes, the pigeons are real hahaha ;)

If you could crop to just having the 2 pigeons and the 3 persons on the bench it'd be kinda nice to go with your title. I just really like the sight of those 2 pigeons in this extremely well-done photo. :bsmilie:

:thumbsup:

Sigh.......... :cry: How I miss Melbourne. :cry:

Waffle said:
If you could crop to just having the 2 pigeons and the 3 persons on the bench it'd be kinda nice to go with your title. I just really like the sight of those 2 pigeons in this extremely well-done photo. :bsmilie:

:thumbsup:

Thanx for your comment & suggestion.
I've did try to play around the cropping tool though, I found it best to be left as it is. On the left, I wanted the pigeons (yes, they are pigeons, not seagull!) on the right, I wanted to retain the church. The bottom, since its not some sorta flat surface, its got lines on the tiles which forms a pattern... I felt it was good to be left with some space. This space gives these three people togetherness.
What do you think?

I actually was looking for this kinda Eastern Europe, kinda feeling.

That's a great moody shot and i knew exactly where you take the shot!

It's on the Southbank near Victoria Arts Centre facing the Flinders Street Railway station!

nemesis32 said:
That's a great moody shot and i knew exactly where you take the shot!

It's on the Southbank near Victoria Arts Centre facing the Flinders Street Railway station!

Thanx... lotta people from Melb here... thinkYellowfinsg too :blah:
The Flinder St station is an amazing structure, esp this warm yellow light glows from the bottom in the night.

narcoleptic said:
yes, they are pigeons, not seagull!
Melbourne pigeons have grey feathers.
Seagulls have white feathers.
Pigeons have short legs and sit fairly close to the ground.
Seagulls have longer legs and sit higher from the ground than pigeons.
The birds in your photo have white feathers and long legs (longer than a pigeons), so why do you say they are pigeons?

A photo of melbourne pigeons can be seen here.

narcoleptic said:
Thanx... lotta people from Melb here... thinkYellowfinsg too :blah:
The Flinder St station is an amazing structure, esp this warm yellow light glows from the bottom in the night.

Yuppie.. Btw, i am ex-melboure. Spent 2 1/2 yrs there studying... not forgetting CROWN!!

Royce said:
Melbourne pigeons have grey feathers.
Seagulls have white feathers.
Pigeons have short legs and sit fairly close to the ground.
Seagulls have longer legs and sit higher from the ground than pigeons.
The birds in your photo have white feathers and long legs (longer than a pigeons), so why do you say they are pigeons?

A photo of melbourne pigeons can be seen here.

Ok, you've got your point, thank you ;)
lets say, they are just two birds? hehehe to cover up my embarrassment. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.