Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

quackaroo

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.illumn.com
onhisown_coloured.jpg

Again, it's good stuff, but I personally don't like the way you've treated the contrast/exposure. There's too much whiteout without detail; hovering on the fringe of registrable detail would've been better. This looks selectively tweaked... personally again I would prefer a bit more subtlety- a great effect is still achievable!

wah.. really good picture here.. very artistic

Originally posted by Jed
Again, it's good stuff, but I personally don't like the way you've treated the contrast/exposure. There's too much whiteout without detail; hovering on the fringe of registrable detail would've been better. This looks selectively tweaked... personally again I would prefer a bit more subtlety- a great effect is still achievable!

;) I'll post a less tweaked version soon. I think its just the way different people feel about the picture. Thanks anyway! appricate it.

wah.. really good picture here.. very artistic
Thank you! :thumbsup:

You're welcome. I think it's a good interpretation, but I just feel that the tweaking takes it more into the realms of an artistic image rather than a photograph. I believe that with proper care you can get a good photograph out of it without needing to tweak. Does the fact that you've tweaked it lessen it's value? As a photograph yes, but as an image not at all. Top shot.

I like it very much! Very good use of space. Intriguing picture. What exactly is that half-figure on the left? A statue of some sort?

Have to disagree about the tweaking, I find nothing wrong.
No difference between using levels and deliberately over-exposing to achieve a certain effect. The final image is what's important.

Like I said, I think it's a very good image too! But my point exactly is that a good photo could have been obtained by overexposing without needing to seletively tweak. Doesn't decrease it's value as an image in any way.

Wah. Very good composition. Diagonal interaction involved (strong). I like it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.