Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
Again, it's good stuff, but I personally don't like the way you've treated the contrast/exposure. There's too much whiteout without detail; hovering on the fringe of registrable detail would've been better. This looks selectively tweaked... personally again I would prefer a bit more subtlety- a great effect is still achievable!

quackaroo

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.illumn.com
Originally posted by Jed
Again, it's good stuff, but I personally don't like the way you've treated the contrast/exposure. There's too much whiteout without detail; hovering on the fringe of registrable detail would've been better. This looks selectively tweaked... personally again I would prefer a bit more subtlety- a great effect is still achievable!
;) I'll post a less tweaked version soon. I think its just the way different people feel about the picture. Thanks anyway! appricate it.

wah.. really good picture here.. very artistic
Thank you! :thumbsup:

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
You're welcome. I think it's a good interpretation, but I just feel that the tweaking takes it more into the realms of an artistic image rather than a photograph. I believe that with proper care you can get a good photograph out of it without needing to tweak. Does the fact that you've tweaked it lessen it's value? As a photograph yes, but as an image not at all. Top shot.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
I like it very much! Very good use of space. Intriguing picture. What exactly is that half-figure on the left? A statue of some sort?

Have to disagree about the tweaking, I find nothing wrong.
No difference between using levels and deliberately over-exposing to achieve a certain effect. The final image is what's important.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
Like I said, I think it's a very good image too! But my point exactly is that a good photo could have been obtained by overexposing without needing to seletively tweak. Doesn't decrease it's value as an image in any way.

R

rostov

Wah. Very good composition. Diagonal interaction involved (strong). I like it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom