"Freshly prepared"

Nothing is fresh in this world unless you milk it with your own hands. :bsmilie:

CFP438353792_copy1.jpg

Yeah. Doesn't anyone ever wonder how coffeeshops get those "home made" barley drink and sell to customers? Do we really believe they are really home made?

"Home made" generally means "made by some unlicensed manufacturer using dubious ingredients and utensils and then bought by me at a ridiculously low price."

"Home made" generally means "made by some unlicensed manufacturer using dubious ingredients and utensils and then bought by me at a ridiculously low price."

Same goes to those products labelled as "organic".

Never be so trusting with what the packaging says.

Personally I don't like Breadtalk. The business model sucks from CSR POV

Yeah.

Doesn't anyone ever wonder how coffeeshops get those "home made" barley drink and sell to customers?

Do we really believe they are really home made?

Most coffeeshop's barley are made from powder...

But there is one coffeeshop I know makes their own barley. Because I saw them making it, and each barely drink tub you can see the barley inside, with wintermelon sugar pieces in it.

But there is one coffeeshop I know makes their own barley. Because I saw them making it, and each barely drink tub you can see the barley inside, with wintermelon sugar pieces in it.

Yeah. There you go.

It's actually powder, and they dare to say it's home made.

Technically speaking powder type it's still home made :p
Maybe should use the term home brewed to differentiate

I've never realised that Breadtalk sells soya milk.

Yeo's soya milk has a distinct artificial taste(but nice). I'm quite surprised nobody realised this earlier.

Nothing is more freshly prepared than this: :)

o.jpg

....freshly squeezed .........but you have used the picture too many times ..... I doubt that she's fresh anymore.......:bsmilie:

Last edited:
This is what some people mean by "Home M2ade". :)

1e85f97008618bc15491c06f4eafce3c.jpg

I am trying to decide if homegrown isn't more appropiate here...damn... :)

And dont tell me those are your daughters...lol

Last edited:
The 1 litre Yeo's soya bean packet cost $1 each and 2 for $1.90 at most retail shops.

The Breadtalk bottle is 350ml priced at $1.80 but the 1 litre of the Yeo's soya bean is divided into three 350ml bottle, so you are only getting about 333ml.

They are quoting NTUC Fairprice 1 litre Yeo's soya bean priced at $1.50. :bigeyes:

Last edited:
Not just pricing, there is a food safety issue. You have workers open up a industrial sealed container and pouring out the content into what seems like unsterilized bottles using bare hands. Plus do they transfer the expiry date of the pack into the bottles? I doubt.

The 1 litre Yeo's soya bean packet cost $1 each and 2 for $1.90 at most retail shops.

The Breadtalk bottle is 350ml priced at $1.80 but the 1 litre of the Yeo's soya bean is divided into three 350ml bottle, so you are only getting about 333ml.

They are quoting NTUC Fairprice 1 litre Yeo's soya bean priced at $1.50. :bigeyes:

But do you get served like this in Fairprice: :)

kpkf0f-b78506870z120090521081838000g15hvk4c1lg.jpg

Actually many companies are guilty of mispresenting product labels. It's just that Breadtalk is local company (we expect local companies to be more ethical in local market) and got caught red handed.

Take for example, those fruit juice packs, marigold or Sunkist or whatever brand u can remember.

Some say freshly squeezed or something to this effect. Do we actually believed that?

Let me tell everyone on how fruit juice industry works. They harvest the fruits, say example oranges, and they squeeze out the juices. They are not so nice to straight away pack for us to drink hor.

What they do is store all these freshly squeezed orange juices in huge storages, vacuumed sealed to prevent bacteria. And believe it or not, these juices can be stored up to 6 YEARS!!!

When they need to use these juices to be packed and sell, they will add sugar, and tons of artificial flavours, because the juices would have lost all the sweet taste. And of course, all the natural nutrients are gone too.

That's how they sell that damm stupid packed fruit juices to us. And we are so ignorant to buy and even feed our kids with this kind of junk.

No law can touch them coz retail packaging has no strict guidelines.

Do you also know that there is no strict law to ensure the manufacturer declared all ingredients on the packaging?