Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisp

May 21, 2004
Sydney, Australia
rocsk2.jpg

Enscarpment, Royal National Park,

Sydney 2005.

very pleasing textures, but would personally like those at the back to be in focus as well

Where are your lower zones? I see a pitch black slit on the left.

Try unsharp masking in the darkroom.

*blink* there's still residual shadow detail on my screen*scratch head*

Alright, I re edited it..the left side is to meant to be black with a little bit of residual shadow detail (zoneII-III)

Actually I kinda like the back to be abit OOF when I took it, but hey preferences differ! Thanks for the comments and tips anyway!

Wisp said:
....the left side is to meant to be black with a little bit of residual shadow detail (zoneII-III)

Zone II??? I will never place my important shadows in Zone II. John Sexton places his shadows in Zone IV. Ansel Adams places his shadows in Zone III.V.

Oh yes there are reasons I would! *laugh* Reason I placed it under zone II is so you won't see the ' I love XXX' graffitti on the left side...

And yes I liked the image so I took it anyway despite the graffiti.

Wisp said:
Oh yes there are reasons I would! *laugh* Reason I placed it under zone II is so you won't see the ' I love XXX' graffitti on the left side...

Ha.... graffitti heh! Okay, I see your point. If this image has had been shot in digital you can photoshop it out then. But again, a digital image will never give you this kind of 'feel'.

*Sigh* The price I pay for going back to old school...*bo conk*

Now if only there's the wet version of the cloning stamp..*grumble*

Wisp said:
*Sigh* The price I pay for going back to old school...*bo conk*

Now if only there's the wet version of the cloning stamp..*grumble*

Do you have potassium ferrocyanide? If you do, you have the powder version of the cloning stamp in a bottle. Just add water and mix.

photobum said:
Do you have potassium ferrocyanide? If you do, you have the powder version of the cloning stamp in a bottle. Just add water and mix.

Yeah I got a mini bottle I stored for some zealot for sepia. I could get a boxful though..(just to check..it's farmer's reducer right?)

*how do you exactly clone from that?!*

Wisp said:
(just to check..it's farmer's reducer right?)

*how do you exactly clone from that?!*

Nope... Not Farmer's Reducer. Too weak. You'll need the real stuff. Kodak sells it in half-pound powdered form in a plastic bottle.

I don't think you can do cloning with K4Fe(CN)6. Try parthenogenesis.

*Blink* I do know the meaning of that word...but...darkroom!?

Wisp said:
*Blink* I do know the meaning of that word...but...darkroom!?

Which word?

a naturaliized cloning process caused by asexual reproduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.