Frequent Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estherfu

Feb 28, 2008
Bukit Timah
www.estherfu.blogspot.com
Home08CS3.jpg

Declared Newbie. Started handling SLR camera and lenses for about 6 months.

Aim of this posting:
1. I will like feedback on post processing techniques. I have not done any changes to the photo except changing the image size for posting. Should I crop to include the focused leaves on the lower left or just center on the bird. Not certain what to do with other properties in photoshop to improve the quality of this picture. Please comment and give suggestions.:D
2. The photo was to capture the beauty of nature around us. Noticed the birds on my coral tree in the garden in the morning (Public holiday, not rushing to work) and was amazed how pretty the little bird was looking through the lens. Shot from study window.
3. Taken with NikonD80, 70-200mm, f2.8, iso400.
4. I think the bird was pretty and the intense redness makes the photo "happy". It would have been better if I could capture it in mid flight. It's flight was too jerky and I was too clumpsy with the heavy lens.:sweat:
EF

guess you were already at your maximum reach which was 200mm.

imo, cropping the leaves on the bottom left would be good as it'll bring more attention to your intended subject. a little underexposed. able to pump up the colour contrast as well.
hope it helps :)

guess you were already at your maximum reach which was 200mm.

imo, cropping the leaves on the bottom left would be good as it'll bring more attention to your intended subject. a little underexposed. able to pump up the colour contrast as well.
hope it helps :)

Thanks buggy.
Can you educate me as to exactly which execution in the photoshop you would use to refine the colour contrast? :dunno:
I actually have been trying but the end result appeared worse than the original. :rolleyes:

yup you should crop it, and remove the leaves/red flowers on the left in my opinion. sharpen it a little and you'll have a nice shot :)

if you're using photoshop...

curves.jpg

the curves window can be found under Image -> Adjustments -> Curves. ctrl + m also works.
do experiment and play around with it. :)

I think control L is better for newbies. Just slide the bars around..

Status
Not open for further replies.