French Railway Operator SNCF Spent €15 Billion On 2,000 New Trains That Dosen't Fit

... ... ... ...

The Guardian said:

It's as if you have bought a Ferrari that you want to park in your garage, and you realise that your garage isn't exactly the right size to fit a Ferrari because you didn't have a Ferrari before. We discovered the problem a little late … we are making our mea culpa. Putting this network of new generation and larger trains in order to satisfy public demand will require the modernisation of 1,300 platforms out of the 8,700 in the French rail network

- Christophe Piednoël, spokesman for French Rail Network (RFF)

Last edited:
Time to upgrade the affected 1,300 anyway, they are about 30 years old.

Ok, so we are not the worst.....
Really? Wait till SMRT / SBS Transit admit that they can't upgrade the trains because the tunnel systems are too narrow somehow :bsmilie:

Really? Wait till SMRT / SBS Transit admit that they can't upgrade the trains because the tunnel systems are too narrow somehow :bsmilie:

They'll tell you you are too fat to board the train :bsmilie:

They'll tell you you are too fat to board the train :bsmilie:

In view of increasing their greed of profits, they may charge more for overweight ppl.

Some are already too tall for the train. :bsmilie:
That's my thought. In the next years and decades the average height in Asia will increase further, likely to reach levels of Europe or US. It makes a difference whether someone has 50cm headroom or only 35cm. Not to mentioned door frames. And a tunnel is not widened over night to accommodate different types of trains.

How to hv progress when people hv such thinking.
So it is progress when you compare yourself with someone?
Do your homework, do your job properly. That's the baseline for progress.
Compulsive Comparison Disorder is something for the doctors...

As absurd and ridiculous as it may sound, an oversight like this is very real and is not unheard of. Its just that this is on a mega scale. Ever read about the high rise condo with no elevators?

Please, lets be honest. We are here to be amused by their stupidity.

simpsons_nelson_haha1-1.jpg

As absurd and ridiculous as it may sound, an oversight like this is very real and is not unheard of. Its just that this is on a mega scale. Ever read about the high rise condo with no elevators?

Never? Which part of Europe/ US? Don't tell me it's a third world country because there's no point comparing downwards mah.

My worry is SG transportation services will use this example for their next sloppy job. Then guess who is laughing?

My worry is SG transportation services will use this example for their next sloppy job. Then guess who is laughing?

Your worry has already come true. Some nut here already have that thinking. Consoling that we are not the worst. LOL