Freeze Frame questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazerLordz

Sep 8, 2004
near the Equator
I have this problem with capturing moving people.I set my aperture at F3.2 and my ISO at 400, which gives it about a shutter speed of 1/15 to 1/7in ballroom lighting.Even in Continous Focus mode, my people subjects turned out to be blurry motions.I can't sacrifice brightness, so what can I do?I need to capture them clear and sharp.

what you need to do is to increase your shutter speed.
This can be done by increasing the aperture or higher ISO.
Don't forget about adding more light.

Maybe using flash?

My camera has a lot of noise at ISO800.Im using a prosumer.not much I can do about it huh...I guess..

LazerLordz said:
I have this problem with capturing moving people.I set my aperture at F3.2 and my ISO at 400, which gives it about a shutter speed of 1/15 to 1/7in ballroom lighting.Even in Continous Focus mode, my people subjects turned out to be blurry motions.I can't sacrifice brightness, so what can I do?I need to capture them clear and sharp.

What camera are you using ???

You can try to set your DC to manual mode, 1/60sec or faster, f3.2, ISO 100, flash ON, no zoom, go close to your object , flash compensate according exposure.

LazerLordz said:

As has been suggested, to freeze moving subjects, you need a higher shutter speed (preferably 1/60s and above). You can accomplish this in one of 3 ways, 1) Use a larger aperture, 2) Use higher ISO, 3) Underexpose a little, or a combination of the 3. If you can't do 1), may try 2) and 3), push exposure a little in post-processing, and use noise-reduction software to clean up. You can't fix motion blur in post-processing but you sure can do something about noise and under-exposure.

OTOH, if you do it correctly, motion blurring of dancing folk can convey a sense of movement and dynamism to the picture, which can be quite pleasing.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.