Freebies with Olympus 5050

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CG3

fellow snappers,

after much thought, i think i am getting the olympus 5050 within the next 24-48 hrs. hope that i am making the correct choice out of G3 and S602Z.

do any of you know if there is any current promos(freebies) or one that is coming up? a friend told me something about some free digital workshop/classes, is this true?

also, where do recommend that i get this camera from? what did you fellow 5050 owners pay and receive(any freebies)?

once again thanks...

any last min things i should know???

damm i getting too worrid...its only a camera...:confused:

:)

I don't blame you. After all you're paying good money for a toy. Anybody would be worried.

But since u've decided to get your camera. Just go ahead and do it. Dun think so much on the freebies part. They come, they go.

Get ur cameras from either AP or CP.

Hope you manage to get it.

Originally posted by CG3
fellow snappers,

after much thought, i think i am getting the olympus 5050 within the next 24-48 hrs. hope that i am making the correct choice out of G3 and S602Z.

do any of you know if there is any current promos(freebies) or one that is coming up? a friend told me something about some free digital workshop/classes, is this true?

also, where do recommend that i get this camera from? what did you fellow 5050 owners pay and receive(any freebies)?

once again thanks...

Every digicam has its pros and cons. But I would say, the Oly C5050Z is a good choice. C-5050Z is a fantastic camera, together with G3 and S602Z. So it should serve you well before you may eventually upgrade to DSLR.

On the freebies, recently a guy told me Oly camera bought after Jan'03 are not entitled to the pro-case, 12x A4 prints etc. Have you checked with Oly service Centre or AP / CP on this?

I think it is only the Olympus training that is still available... no case liao...

damm....i like the case.....

do you guys know what sizes stepping ring is available? and if a remote control(RC-200) from my other olympus file camera will work on the 5050?

and lastly what batteries do you ppl recommend and where do i get them?

cheers

I doubt so, the optional accessories list for the Olympus C-5050Z doesn't shown compatibility to your said remote control(RC-200)... The only remote control is the RM-1...

Originally posted by CG3
damm....i like the case.....

do you guys know what sizes stepping ring is available? and if a remote control(RC-200) from my other olympus file camera will work on the 5050?

and lastly what batteries do you ppl recommend and where do i get them?

cheers

I bought the CL-4 lens adapter for my Oly C-5050Z digicam. It takes in 43mm dia filter. Note that 43mm dia filter and at the digicam's wide angle, a little bit of flash blockage is encountered at the bottom left hand side. I also bought a 43mm --> 52mm step up ring to use it with my other filters such as ND filter, CPL filter etc. and at 52mm, the blockage is quite large.

The Oly external flashgun is a good accessory to get.

It was advised by Olympus that do not use extension lenses when shooting with the internal flash. These attachements will block some of the flashed light resulting in loss or darkening of the corner areas of the image (known as vignetting), or casting a shadow on the object.

Originally posted by ivor
It was advised by Olympus that do not use extension lenses when shooting with the internal flash. These attachements will block some of the flashed light resulting in loss or darkening of the corner areas of the image (known as vignetting), or casting a shadow on the object.

"Vignetting" got nothing to do with flash. It's mainly caused by lens and filters attachments. Vignetting occurs at all four corners.
Vignetting

The situation that happened in my case is only on the bottom left-hand side of the photo. Similar for SLR with pop-up flash head and using a big diameter lens, a dard shadow will appear on the bottom centre of the photo.

No offend...

Those words ain't from me, as printed, it was advised by Olympus... please refers to DC manual... for that statement...

Of course, I know what vignetting is...

Originally posted by e_liau

"Vignetting" got nothing to do with flash. It's mainly caused by lens and filters attachments. Vignetting occurs at all four corners.
Vignetting

The situation that happened in my case is only on the bottom left-hand side of the photo. Similar for SLR with pop-up flash head and using a big diameter lens, a dard shadow will appear on the bottom centre of the photo.

No offend...

Those words ain't from me, as printed, it was advised by Olympus... please refers to DC manual... for that statement...

Of course, I know what vignetting is...

No problem, we are all learning, no matter how knowledgeable we are. Hmm..

But frankly, the design of the flash at the right side of the lens, near the hand grip seem funny. The hand may obstruct the flash too. I think they shoulf design the flash higher up or as a pop-up, huh? Comments?

Originally posted by e_liau

No problem, we are all learning, no matter how knowledgeable we are. Hmm..

But frankly, the design of the flash at the right side of the lens, near the hand grip seem funny. The hand may obstruct the flash too. I think they shoulf design the flash higher up or as a pop-up, huh? Comments?

Agree with you e_liau, the flash is not in its best location.
But I think Olympus is trying to stick to the same
structure/size with the rest of the C-class, hence any other
location will mean a bigger camera. I shoot with a generic
external flash borrowed from a friend with a bounce card,
sure attracts a lot of funny looks. ;)

That's the advantage of the new C-series... with hot-shoe to mount the FL-40 flash...

:rbounce: :rbounce:

sorrie...forgot post that i got my 5050 already.... yahooo....

still monkeying around with the cam....

cheers

C-5050Z is a excellent DC, I like the AF Illumination Lamp... very useful in a dark room and the F1.8 Aperture, can't get that on G3 and S602Z... You will come to know the power of those 2 soon...

Originally posted by CG3
:rbounce: :rbounce:

sorrie...forgot post that i got my 5050 already.... yahooo....

still monkeying around with the cam....

cheers

C-5050Z is a excellent DC, I like the AF Illumination Lamp... very useful in a dark room and the F1.8 Aperture, can't get that on G3 and S602Z... You will come to know the power of those 2 soon...

can you kindly enlighten me what is the function of the AF illumination Lamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.