FREE Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

saratok

Oct 16, 2006
North East
Hi all, am wanted to creat my own wedsite but where can i get a FREE website and what is the step. Thanks;)

Register for a domain name and get yourself some webspace from web hosting company ?????

erm....i think u meant homepage? angelfire? or geocities? Havent heard of geocities for a very long while now. Haha :bsmilie:

Hi all, am wanted to creat my own wedsite but where can i get a FREE website and what is the step. Thanks;)

you want FREE webspace, can only get like geocity by yahoo or tripob, angelfire by lycos.
most people use blog instead nowadays, do a google search you can find many.

btw, own domain is not free.

you can register a free domain name at places like dyndns.com (but your domain name will be e.g.: saratok.dyndns.org

that's only the name. for the actual hosting, you'd need to get an internet hosting service provider (some cheap some ex) that would give you anywhere from 100mb to 1gb, it varies.

alternatively, you can buy a Synology DJ105+ drive which support HTTP and FTP. I use that set up at home. then you'd need to "point" your domain name to your home router/ switch and permission it to accept traffic to this drive.

alternatively, you can buy a Synology DJ105+ drive which support HTTP and FTP. I use that set up at home. then you'd need to "point" your domain name to your home router/ switch and permission it to accept traffic to this drive.

Then you need to keep yourself secure from hackers.

I use bluehost.com, comes with free domain registration. Works great.

no site is 100% secure. get a good linksys (cisco) router that comes with firewall protection. that's good enough. at least if a site you host at home is hacked into, its much easier to fix it immediately than trying to call your service provider and waiting for them to reset it before you even get to repairing the damage/ re-uploading files.

i've tried many options, the home-based set up works best because i've negated the upload latency.

Status
Not open for further replies.